Van Den Hul Cumulus 3T or Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cable

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi, I currently use Burmester Blu speaker cables. My system comprises Burmester mono amps driving Rockport Aviors. I am looking for a cable upgrade without breaking the bank! I have been contemplating either the Van Den Hul cumulus 3T or the Tellurium Q Silver Diamond.

i will really appreciate some insight and feedback on these cables. While the Tellurium is well reviewed, the VDH has very sparse reviews. Where I am based, I cannot try different cables before buying unfortunately. So user insights on system compatibility etc will be very helpful indeed.

As to the other cables in the system, I am using a combination of Acrolink power cords and Burmester silver interconnects.

Thanks

Sujay

Nov 3, 2017
Hi Sujay,

I am also considering moving to the Tellurium Q cables. I have been doing quite a bit of research and they seem ideal for my ribbon speakers (Apogee) based on their low inductance, capacitance, and great reviews. But, I have not heard them. I am planning on calling the US distributor later today to get a pair to demo. I will report back if things go as planned.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi Sujay,

I am also considering moving to the Tellurium Q cables. I have been doing quite a bit of research and they seem ideal for my ribbon speakers (Apogee) based on their low inductance, capacitance, and great reviews. But, I have not heard them. I am planning on calling the US distributor later today to get a pair to demo. I will report back if things go as planned.
Thanks, looking forward to your feedback

Hi Sujay,

Sorry for being OT:
Which Apogee model do you have?
Have you already tried Goertz foil cables?
I have very good experience with Goertz foil cables in my Systems...

A friend of mine just bought TQ speaker cables, maybe I can borrow them for a test drive against my Goertzes.

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry for being OT:
Which Apogee model do you have?
Have you already tried Goertz foil cables?
I have very good experience with Goertz foil cables in my Systems...

A friend of mine just bought TQ speaker cables, maybe I can borrow them for a test drive against my Goertzes.
Hi,

They are Duettas. I have never tried the Goertz but I will check them out. TYVM.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing