V-Caps CuFT/ Copper Foil / Film Teflon Capacitors

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
No but tried the Dueland VSF Black; a bit better than the Mundorf Au/Ag in oil in my tape preamp. Deeper, tighter bass, more information and midrange solidity. Top end is nicely extended without any hardness.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I have tried Duelund Cast - Copper Caps and inductors in speaker crossover networks and V-Cap Cu-TF in electronics. Big Duelund caps are hideously expensive, huge in larger values, and take forever to burn in. I had a 17 uF pair where 300 hours did nothing to change the sound so I used a cable cooker on them for a week. That did the trick. Smaller values would take less coercion. In crossover networks, when used in series, these are as good as it gets. Amazingly natural, great tonal color, dynamics, low noise and deep soundstage. In a passive XO they are equal in results to a very high-end active electronic crossover e.g. Pass Labs and save you some expense of adding the active XO and the additional amplifier - but not by a whole lot! My passive crossover for Magnepan 3.6s cost almost as much as the speakers. These work in speakers but many higher uF values are too big for electronics. The V-Cap CuTF have similar sonic characteristics to Duelunds, but I have never compared them directly. They are also expensive, will fit in electronics as coupling caps, but don't come in larger uF values. They sound much better than the VCap TFTF which are very cool sounding by comparison and a little less "present". I think both caps are really worth the price but what they're worth to you depends on the quality of your system, whatever other upgrade options you might have and your concept of price v. performance value. Go for it if you can!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing