Turntable options to chose from

shaby

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
Nice to find this forum.

I searching for a turntable from 70's - beginning 80's And was found these:

TECHNICS SL-Q300
Lenco L331

Both sound the same...I dont have A professional ear in order to find the these small differences.

Even if you did not listened to them, I hope you'll able to give your answer based on knowledge.

Thank you!

shaby

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
The technics is not relevant anymore.
How is the Lenco 331 OR 133?
Thanks

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
If I remember correctly, the luxman pd121 was a nice sounding and really well made turntable my late father had for a few years.

Reactions: shaby

shaby

Sep 8, 2020
If you would need to chose between:

> TECHNICS SL-221
> TECHNICS SL-B3

Which one is better?

Thanks

Last edited:

Deadhead1972

Apr 3, 2020
They are basically the same table. The B was made slightly different so that stores could say the “we’ll beat any price” slogan. But since it was a different model number they didn’t have to. Also it came with a cheap cartridge that some stores would charge extra for and make a little extra money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing