Tripoint Troy Signature NG

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
From Audio Exotics in Hong Kong.

“Introducing the Troy Next Generation (NG) by Tripoint. It replaces the Troy Signature serving silence to the betterment of numerous audio systems in the world for almost a decade.
The Troy NG is a full metal construction with polished curvature at joineries. The jet black finishing is aesthetically noble and sleek with an unspoken sense of sophistication that yields confidence. The improvement of the Troy NG over the Troy signature is profound. I installed it today right after Stirling Trayle set up the system precisely two days ago. The system at AE Sheung Wan allows me to “feel” the painstaking efforts of Miguel spared during the research and development processes. Miguel, your persistence in search for excellence earns my highest respect in your lifelong works on grounding technology.
Troy signature is about “silence”. There is a “stillness” element imbued to it. Silence is one of the preconditions of calmness. It is a micro concept. Troy signature unveiled so much silence between notes particularly amongst piano keys and strings of violin and cello. There are more perspective of everything in the sound field. Disconnecting it always degrades the listening experience from a palpable 3D space to 2D line art.
The Troy NG is about “serenity”, which is a macro concept. Serenity refers to the state of being calm. When the state of mind is calm, it allows better focus and deeper comprehension of the bigger picture. Indeed, the degree of serenity infuses by Troy NG to the system bewildered me at first. Because I didn’t know how to put the feelings in words. (If you are reading this one, I had been writing repeatedly for 3 hours seeking the right words for everyone to understand.)
When I just connected one stock ground cable from the JMF PCD302 AC conditioner to the Troy NG, I could see the “composure” of the performer at once. I said to myself “WoW”. Why does that matter?
Let me share an example. The resolution of AE Sheung Wan easily allows listener to “visualise” Teresa Teng was somewhat smiling and singing concurrently for about 10 seconds in one of her older records produced in Taiwan. I presume she must be happy or at least acting to be.
The application of Troy NG to the system allows me to comprehend her prevailing state of mind was indeed happy during the recording of this song. This is phenomenal. Imagine if one can feel the composure of an conductor, what will be the symphonic experiences like? I am equally melted down by Bon Jovi because of his “equanimity” in some songs.
I need not repeat the usual Hi Fi vocabularies simply because Troy NG goes farther and deeper than what I know. And this is just the entry into the world of Tripoint. If you don’t fully understand my sharing, that is normal. I am happy to do demo should availability of stock allow.
PS: The flagship is Troy Elite NG, followed by Troy Elite.”

Reactions: Stef

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
...and a few photos:

D6FDE9D9-97D4-4A14-BC2E-E8663A7C5D6A.jpeg A6EE7598-ED25-4126-A561-EEAFD30DEAD8.jpeg

Reactions: Stef and CKKeung

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
52DB039B-E6B2-4717-9DAB-839D67AA7845.jpeg 0FB103AC-C925-4066-B460-26B3C2F599B3.jpeg

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
Hmm, interesting. It appears as if there isn’t a ground drain like in the early models. Is it hidden somewhere?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Troy Signature NG does have a (detachable) power cable, like the Troy Elite NG. You connect it to the filter of your choice.

Reactions: Hieukm

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Marcus,
Great pics! That looks really nice.

Dave

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I see that AE in HK use Dalby grnd cbls in greater number than Troy ones. Do any of you uber Troy adherents also mix brands?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I use Entreq Atlantis ground cables and stock Troy ground cables on different lugs on the back of the Tripoint. I did this after discussing with Miguel of Tripoint. The key he said is not to use different cables on the SAME lug on the back.

Reactions: CKKeung

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
How many ground leads can each of those terminals support before NG effects dilute too much?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Can you show us the power cable for Troy Elite NG, Marcus?
Unfortunately no because I ordered Troy Elite NG with the Emperor power cord. Think the Elite NG comes with Thor SE power cord.

FWIW, here’s a photo I took the first day of installation.
1192530B-80B3-4B09-A2DA-C260FD043AB6.jpeg

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
How many ground leads can each of those terminals support before NG effects dilute too much?
I wouldn’t use more than two ground cables on one filter. I tried with three with my ex. Signature but had a feeling improvements were not as pronounced as with one or two.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Can you show us the power cable for Troy Elite NG, Marcus?
Dear Hieukm your wallet is in a serious danger man.

Tang :D

Reactions: Hieukm

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, NG can only reasonably ground 6 components max? The vast majority of systems would need close to twice that.

Are you meant to buy two NGs if you want to ground btwn 7-12 components?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
So, NG can only reasonably ground 6 components max?
Think Lloyd can best answer this. He experimented with three and more cables or read the old thread that audiocrack started years ago.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Lloyd seems to have every property in his street wired into his Troy LOL.

If it is true that NG effectiveness wears off beyond 6 components wired in, then you're talking about a second NG.

At $70k each, $140k total, that's surely totally off limits to any except the very most well heeled.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Lloyd seems to have every property in his street wired into his Troy LOL.

If it is true that NG effectiveness wears off beyond 6 components wired in, then you're talking about a second NG.

At $70k each, $140k total, that's surely totally off limits to any except the very most well heeled.

Spirit,
There may be some out there that can buy two but I assume most would upgrade to the NG and use their current Elite or Troy Sig somewhere else in the system similar to MikeL. Audiocrack mentioned a jumper Miguel developed that "may" allow me to connect my spinner and clock freeing up a post on the Elite. I currently have an all digital system, in the future with a TT, I may need another box.

Dave

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing