Transparent Rel Cable

spearl8

Sep 16, 2021
I have a Rel S/812 and really like it with my Revel Salon 2 speakers. I had been using the stock Rel cable but figured if Rel makes an upgraded cable I should see what else is out there. Transparent was great to work with to create a Super Rel cable to go along with my Super gen 6 speaker cables. My early impression is that the sub utterly disappears. Rel is all about the sub getting the “same sonic signature” as the mains and now it truly is. The sub seems to go deeper and sounds more solid. Definitely an interesting tweak.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Very cool news. This does not surprise me, bass is one of the things my Transparent cabling is great at. I suppose you're using Transparent speaker cabling as well...

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Numerous after market options. REL se?ls a 10m "hi level neutrix" upgraded cable for about $600. I personally use Signal Cable. A very robust cable.

Last edited:

spearl8

Sep 16, 2021
Very cool news. This does not surprise me, bass is one of the things my Transparent cabling is great at. I suppose you're using Transparent speaker cabling as well...
Yes I use Gen 6 Super speaker cables. Next to enter the system will be an XL power cord. Every Transparent cable I bring to the system seems to be just a natural fit, which I can't say about all brands.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Every Transparent cable I bring to the system seems to be just a natural fit, which I can't say about all brands.
This is true from my experience. Over as you complete the loom of cables it seems to have a synergy effect 1+1=3...

Reactions: ashandger

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing