Tom Brady to retire from NFL after legendary career

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It will be years if ever at all that the league will see a QB like him

He will be missed. In hindsight he should have retired last year and gone out as a champion

Tom Brady to retire from NFL after legendary career​

Reactions: carl13

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Oh no what will the sportcasters talk about.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Maybe Tom will get a broadcasting job. Then he can join in on the discussion about how great he was.
BTW I hope you guys enjoyed him. There will not be another.

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Tom Brady the GOAT!

Steve Williams

There was only Joe Montana in my mind to whom I would compare him. As great as Montana was I agree that Brady is the greatest. He is still an asset to any team and I bet he could still keep playing

I see Brady is to football what Gordie Howe was to hockey. Two Duracell bunnies

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hard to pick a GOAT in a team sport. What would he have been without Gronk or Belichick?
He is the most successful. IIRC Coach Herman said,"You play to win the game."

Steve Williams

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Hard to pick a GOAT in a team sport. What would he have been without Gronk or Belichick?
He is the most successful. IIRC Coach Herman said,"You play to win the game."

Not really. He also won a championship at Tampa Bay when Belichick wasn't there and Gronk didn't play a major role.

Lawrence Taylor was the greatest linebacker of all time and he played with Parcells and Belichick.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Lawrence Taylor. A WFT fan here. I saw LT in my nightmares. Would he have been as great without being part of that front seven?. Thats what allowed him to freelance.
Tampa Bay was a better team than New England. His SB performance was lackluster. It was the defense that made Patrick appear mortal. He was on the team.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Lawrence Taylor. A WFT fan here. I saw LT in my nightmares. Would he have been as great without being part of that front seven?. Thats what allowed him to freelance.
Tampa Bay was a better team than New England. His SB performance was lackluster. It was the defense that made Patrick appear mortal. He was on the team.

LT would have been great anywhere. He is solidly the greatest defensive player ever.

I am not a Brady fan but TB isn’t in the SB without him. And his performance is not just about the SB. There was a whole season and playoffs before that.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
It would be nice for Brady to play a final season. He can celebrate his career with his teammates throughout a final season. Of course people need to know it’s his final season to make it special. That said, if he retires now he is still the best QB to play the game.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Jack Lambert won four SB with Pittsburgh.
Many aay Bruce Smith was the DPA.

What if Peyton Manning played for Belichick. His game preparation matched with Manning ability to read defenses.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
You are arguing both sides of the coin. You are saying you can’t name a GOAT (Brady) based on the team’s success but you are also arguing Lambert should maybe be the GOAT defensive player based on 4 rings. You can’t have it both ways.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You are arguing both sides of the coin. You are saying you can’t name a GOAT (Brady) based on the team’s success but you are also arguing Lambert should maybe be the GOAT defensive player based on 4 rings. You can’t have it both ways.

No I am making two different arguments.
If go by SB won Brady and Lamberrt might be the best. If you go by sheer talent...

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I don’t see how Manning would ever be considered better than Brady. His playoff success, and I am not just talking wins and loss, was pedestrian at best. He performed well in the regular season but after that he was average.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa

what kinda cracks me up about that list is #1 Jim Brown, to which I can not argue, but the fact that in his nine seasons the thing that stands out to me is.......... he never missed a game and when he crossed the end zone he either dropped the ball or handed it to a ref.

Arguing Brady as not being the GOAT is as stupid as arguing the greatest professional sports team is not the New York Yankees !

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Peyton Manning pedestrian? 4 SB appearances and 2 wins with two different teams.Feared by defenses like Ray Lewis and the Ravens.
Brady loss twice to Rli Maning and the 9 and 7 wild card Giants. Who neat Atlanta and Seattle because thie coaches were stupid. Atlanta would still have won if the refs would called intentional grounding in the end zone.
Brady lived in the weak AFC EAST..
I could go on. No need to further tarnish his reputation

Reactions: Scott Naylor

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Peyton Manning pedestrian? 4 SB appearances and 2 wins with two different teams.Feared by defenses like Ray Lewis and the Ravens.
Brady loss twice to Rli Maning and the 9 and 7 wild card Giants. Who neat Atlanta and Seattle because thie coaches were stupid. Atlanta would still have won if the refs would called intentional grounding in the end zone.
Brady lived in the weak AFC EAST..
I could go on. No need to further tarnish his reputation

Pedestrian in the playoffs. The statistics support it.

In his 2nd SB win he had a rating of 56.5. 141 passing. They didn’t win because of him.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing