Three New High-end Stereo Loudspeakers in the Genesis 7-series

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Seattle, WA – Genesis Advanced Technologies, manufacturer of high-end luxury loudspeaker and amplifier systems is happy to announce three new and improved models in the Genesis 7.2-series of high-end stereo loudspeakers shipping immediately. Dealers and distributors were given a sneak peak of the smallest model – the Genesis 7 petite – during the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January 2011.

The Genesis 7-series launched in 2005 was considered by customers, dealers and reviewers alike to be giant killers with big sound from little speakers. As a result, they have a loyal following among music lovers with smaller rooms which cannot accommodate the larger Genesis models.

“Since we launched the 7-series in 2005, I thought that it was time to update it with new materials and incorporating what we’ve learned in the past 5 years,” said Mr. Gary Leonard Koh, CEO of Genesis Advanced Technologies. “The 7-series has always been known for delivering more sound than they had any right to at their size and price. Hence any improvement we made first had to preserve all that was good before refinements could be made.”

“I am an advocate for the right speaker for the right room,” continued Mr. Koh. “In a small room, a large loudspeaker would over-power the room and this would result in boomy bass and a loss of articulation. The Genesis 7-series are designed without compromise for small rooms – rooms that would be too small to accommodate one of our larger loudspeakers. The more expensive Genesis loudspeakers are not necessarily better, they are just larger, and would need a larger room to really ‘sing’. We don’t use cheaper drivers or cheaper crossover parts or take manufacturing shortcuts with the 7-series loudspeakers. We just make them smaller,” declared Mr. Koh.

“The Genesis ribbon tweeter is a ring-ribbon that is unlike most other ribbon tweeter designs out there. As a ring-radiator, it has excellent dispersion and does not beam within its operating range. We improved the linearity in its low-end response, and also pushed out the top frequency from 36kHz to 40kHz. Over the past year, we also re-designed the mid-woofer for a lower moving mass resulting in better dynamics in the mid-bass and greater clarity in the midrange,” added Mr. Koh. “What we did maintain was the overall balance of the loudspeakers to maintain their excellent coherence.”

“We gave our dealers and distributors a sneak peak during CES in Las Vegas,” continued Mr. Koh. “We showed a prototype of the smallest model, the G7p or the Petite. I’ve been working hard in the past few months, and now we are ready with the whole series, including the floorstanding G7f and the convertible G7c. In particular, since the G7.1f won the Best of Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Award, the new G7.2f had to be something very special.”

“I had already considered the Genesis 7.1f one of the best loudspeakers for the money,” said Mr. Bruno de Lorimier of Unison Sales Resources, the Genesis sales representative in Canada. “But the G7.2f came as a surprise when it was significantly better! When I delivered and installed the first pair to a customer in Canada, he kept showing me how the hairs on his arms were standing. It was so good he was getting goose-bumps. I am a drummer, and I found that the sound of triangles and other high-frequency percussive instruments to be shockingly real.”

“When noted Jazz expert, recording engineer and reviewer Jim Merod heard the G7p at CES, he was so impressed that he stayed for over an hour playing track after track and requested for a pair to listen to more closely. I went and set up the prototypes for him in his home, and in his preview of the speakers he called them ‘fire-breathing, dragon-slaying little sonic engines with enormous musical hearts’. What a fabulous accolade from someone who knows his music!” said, Mr. Koh.

“We stuck with three models to achieve the price points that we wanted to hit,” said Ms Carolyn Koh, Chief Operating Officer of Genesis. “While they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, they will deliver live musical enjoyment in a small room. With the ribbon tweeter and titanium mid-woofer, the Genesis 7-series plays delicately with full detail retrieval at low volumes – perfect for close quarters living. The G7f is ideal for the apartment dweller that is not willing to compromise on low-bass and dynamics in a loudspeaker with a small footprint. They are easy to place, work in a small space, and yet have sufficient heft in the bass for a full orchestra. The G7p and G7c can be easily integrated with one of our ServoSubs for full-range sound when budgets permit.”

The Genesis 7.2petite (G7p) retails for US$4,800, the Genesis 7.2convertible (G7c) retails for US$8,000 and the Genesis 7.2floorstander (G7f) with a built-in amplified subwoofer retails for US$15,000 and are available from all Genesis dealers around the world. All models are finished in a high-gloss black/titanium. Genesis Advanced Technologies designs and manufactures loudspeakers, amplifiers, and accessories in Seattle, WA. The complete range of products can be found at www.genesisloudspeakers.com.
###​

About Genesis Advanced Technologies
Genesis Advanced Technologies is a leading developer of high-end luxury loudspeaker and amplifier systems with a worldwide manufacturing, design and sales organization with a commitment to absolute fidelity®, in product, service and performance. Genesis develops loudspeaker systems, amplifiers and accessories for music lovers worldwide.

Absolute Fidelity is a registered trademark of Genesis Advanced Technologies Pte Ltd in the United States and other countries.

For more information please contact:
Genesis Advanced Technologies • 654 S Lucile St • Seattle, WA 98108 • voice: 206-762-8383 • fax: 206-762-8389 • info@genesisloudspeakers.com • www.genesisloudspeakers.com • www.absolutefidelity.com

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing