Three audio sources with an easy ability to switch between them?

Yero

May 7, 2023
Hello!
I am very new to this audio world and very excited!

I have three sources of audio coming from my PC:
1. YouTube - ASUS ProArt PA329C Monitor's speakers with a cable 3.5mm cable
2. Music - Sennheiser HD 650 with 4.4mm (balanced) or 2.5mm (balanced) cable - 300 ?
3. Gaming - Razer Barracuda Pro (2.4GHz Wireless + Bluetooth) - 32 ?

NOTE: I did not purchase the Sennheiser yet, so for that reason I have a choice of aftermarket (balanced) cable, or build it myself, but my birthday is coming up, so I'll be getting them at end of May.

I also have a FiiO K7 (regular, not the bluetooth version) AMP/DAC connected via USB cable to the PC.
I thought to return regular version of FiiO K7 (which I can still do via Amazon) and get a Bluetooth version of it.

Then get a splitter switch to be be able to switch between monitor and Sennheiser headphones by connecting them to a balanced 4.4 connection and them Bluetooth headphones also.
Problem is I was not able to find a 4.4mm (male) to 4.4mm (female) or 2.5mm (female) splitter with a switch so that I could also get an adapter to connect the monitor audio with.
But then I started thinking it is really kind of gimmicky and thought that If I can get a proper DAC/AMP combo that can support three sources would be a perfect solution.

There is a little thing though. I like FiiO design and a large turning knob at the front of it. There is others like it by FiiO, but more expensive (K7 is $200 on Amazon). I am ok spending a little over $500 if I like how it looks and it will do all the things I want it to do (easily switch between 3 devices). I also would not like a separate amp and dac - I like things minimal and compact, but maybe you'll be able to convince me otherwise if it is worth it?

Would you please take a look at this $500 Bluetooth DAC/AMP - FiiO K9 (not the K9 Pro) and tell me if it will connect all three and give me an ability to switch with a click of a button?
or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative one if it is not too far off $500?

Your input will be VERY VERY VERY appreciated!
Thanks!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hello there, that's quite an intricate solution you have in mind. From what I understand, you'd like a device that can connect all three - monitor speakers, Bluetooth headphones, and 4.4/2.5mm headphones. Unfortunately, such a device would be hard to find, as the K9 you've mentioned doesn't have two-way Bluetooth - it can connect to a source device, like a phone, but Bluetooth headphones will not be compatible. In my opinion, your best bet would be to get a good DAC/AMP for the HD 650, like a ZEN DAC V2, and a 4.4mm cable to go with it. Then, your best bet would be to switch audio outputs via Windows - you might be able to use macros and key shortcuts on your keyboard to help with that.

Yero

May 7, 2023
Hello there, that's quite an intricate solution you have in mind. From what I understand, you'd like a device that can connect all three - monitor speakers, Bluetooth headphones, and 4.4/2.5mm headphones. Unfortunately, such a device would be hard to find, as the K9 you've mentioned doesn't have two-way Bluetooth - it can connect to a source device, like a phone, but Bluetooth headphones will not be compatible. In my opinion, your best bet would be to get a good DAC/AMP for the HD 650, like a ZEN DAC V2, and a 4.4mm cable to go with it. Then, your best bet would be to switch audio outputs via Windows - you might be able to use macros and key shortcuts on your keyboard to help with that.
How is ZEN DAC V2 better then K7 or K9?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
How is ZEN DAC V2 better then K7 or K9?
There are quite a few reasons to pick the ZEN DAC! Some of them include great functionality (USB power, Truebass function), an amazing price-to-performance ratio, and great sound that suits the 650 perfectly... At its price, it's proven countless times to be one of the best options! :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is so much product out there I have retired form the game of ranking products. Based on what I have heard The ZEN DACV2 standing on its' own leaves little to be desired. If you use USB check out the iFi Audio Mercury 3.0 cable.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
There is so much product out there I have retired form the game of ranking products. Based on what I have heard The ZEN DACV2 standing on its' own leaves little to be desired. If you use USB check out the iFi Audio Mercury 3.0 cable.
Thank you for the kind words, Greg. That's a great combo you've suggested - a great DAC/AMP deserves a great cable, the Mercury 3.0 being the prime example. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing