Thrax Lyra

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
With good discount and some change today i brought home the Thrax Lyra to use in a second system with Swissonor 124 and Swiss Physics
I can tell i am very impressive for his sound.
I always liked 2 way stand speaker with high quality driver and i liked a lot TAD CR1,but too expensive for my second system.
Lyra are on same level for me because has very high quality driver,mid bass magnesium Seas Excel and a horn tweeter cut at 1.500 hz with high quality crossover and very good aluminium box with the weight of 35 kg each.

Sound is fantastic,very transparent and detailed,speaker disappear and incredible bass for their size,very deep and can reach very high pressure
I really like and when i have no will to on all CH,let them became hot,on the 2 turntable pump and weight,

i listen this very beautiful and simple system

Attachments

• IMG_8447.jpg
    IMG_8447.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 70

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Those are wonderful speakers. I think they’re good enough to be ones final pair possibly.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Have an audio buddy running these. Extensively rewired, I believe. Fantastic performance package w bass that belies their size. Hugely impressive.

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
I am running these too, unmodified, sans Bass units but really doesn't need them. I found that putting them up on Townshend isolation platforms helps, makes placement a bit less critical, also slightly toed in.

Bphil

Jan 21, 2023
With good discount and some change today i brought home the Thrax Lyra to use in a second system with Swissonor 124 and Swiss Physics
I can tell i am very impressive for his sound.
I always liked 2 way stand speaker with high quality driver and i liked a lot TAD CR1,but too expensive for my second system.
Lyra are on same level for me because has very high quality driver,mid bass magnesium Seas Excel and a horn tweeter cut at 1.500 hz with high quality crossover and very good aluminium box with the weight of 35 kg each.

Sound is fantastic,very transparent and detailed,speaker disappear and incredible bass for their size,very deep and can reach very high pressure
I really like and when i have no will to on all CH,let them became hot,on the 2 turntable pump and weight,

i listen this very beautiful and simple system

Hi

i have Thrax Lyra since 2021, sound are wonderfully all time with all music !!!

my sound système Levinson ares in live with that speaker

agree !!!!!!

DBE11EF6-65C4-43D6-95F8-B6E2F8DC4586.jpeg

Bphil

Jan 21, 2023
No necessary, because, the wall are old with one meter, floor with carpet, no resonance. (Very low)

jut the time for positioning speaker ares very difficult.

speaker or the size, are not resonance with room.

Thomas 911

Dec 2, 2021
Germany
No necessary, because, the wall are old with one meter, floor with carpet, no resonance. (Very low)

jut the time for positioning speaker ares very difficult.

speaker or the size, are not resonance with room.
If so , its ok
... i made good experince with big plants in the corner, works like an acoustic diffusor,
...Mr. Böde, Editor from a german hifi Magazin, named stereo ,..like to mention.., during his Workshops.. if grandma drops by for a Visit,.. put her in the corner ,...the Sound will improve..:)

Like it..

• Haha
Reactions: rrohland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing