E. England
DB all the way over Kb.
Or do I mean Kb over DB?

Reactions: Steve Williams

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
DB sounds to me like thee recording device was off to the right. HF was more present on right. Weird very small delay on the left channel (closer to phase shift) on my headphones. Also had frequeency dips so suggesting cancellatiion. Kb didn't have the delay and sounded more balanced so I'm guessing recorded more from the center. Mic input stressed with Kb. Device could also have been lower and pointed somewhere at the midbass. Thought for a sec it might have been recorded from a nearer position but the former more likely. Not sure at all.

Kb has Ked making comments. I think that is the most obvious LOL

So what is this about?

Reactions: bonzo75

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The first one (DB) is everything that's wrong with digital. It's fragile, the piano sounds glassy, no weight in the bass, is homogenized and congested and lacks resolution, that fake air is, fake.

The 2nd one (kb) is also very digital sounding but at least it's not thinned out like the other one and isn't shouting at you but neither one is any great shakes.

David

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The first one (DB) is everything that's wrong with digital. It's fragile, the piano sounds glassy, no weight in the bass, is homogenized and congested and lacks resolution, that fake air is, fake.

The 2nd one (kb) is also very digital sounding but at least it's not thinned out like the other one and isn't shouting at you but neither one is any great shakes.

David

Both are analog

• Haha
Reactions: Argonaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing