Thought I'd introduce myself

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I'm not sure this is the right place for introductions but here goes.
I'm retired and happily living in Santa Fe NM. I've loved music all my life. I became an audiophile about 25 years ago when I got a good job and some disposable income. I've had some different systems over the years and some rooms from 18x24 ft to 12x12 ft. I'm now in a music only room that is 17x17. I'm very happy with the sound and my current system. You can read what I have in the way of equipment in my profile. That's all for now.
John Barlow

treitz3

Super Moderator
Hello John in NM from Tom over a bit of land on the East coast. Please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum!

My journey started when I heard my Uncle Tommy's system when I was 8 years old. His speakers were taller than I was at the time, ran off of this new "thing" to me at the time......a tube amp. Been hooked ever since.

Tom

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, John!

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Welcome John ! Have fun ;)

DaveyF

Aug 1, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi John. Welcome.
I see in your profile that you are using a pair of Jadis JA 30's... great choice. I am now enjoying a pair of JA30Mk2's myself. Superb amp.
I also see that you are using Fried speakers, how do they match up with your Jadis amps? I have not heard a pair of Fried's for many moons, but
the ones I heard were pretty nice.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Welcome John, great choice with jadis. May I ask you what you think of the symphonic line TT, what did you have before? The reason I ask is his big 400w Kraft amps are very impressive and also heard great things about cart.

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I've had the JA30s for probably 20 years now. They work very well with Frieds. I did change tubes from a set of GE 6550s to a set of Gold Lion reissue KT77s and finally to a set of Psvane EL34s. I found the 6550s to be a tad bright . The Frieds are very revealing. I've never had a speaker that the 30s couldn't drive. I've gone through a few amps but the 30s will always stay. My wife wouldn't let me sell them if I wanted to. She calls them " the little jewels." As far as the SL turntable goes it's fantastic. Before that I had a TNT. I have in the last month's done a lot of upgrades to it. It came from Rolf with a Linn Ekos tone arm which I used for years. This summer I found the Kuzma on Audiogon and bought it. Then I bought the Ypsilon sut. Well that unfortunately didn't match with my old cartridge. I bought a new Ikeda 9ts.p All is right again. This hobby should be plug and play but it's anything but. It's all in fun though.

May 30, 2010
Portugal

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Hi John,

Just moved to Alto. Plan to visit Santa Fe in near future to visit a colleague. If interested in getting together, send me a PM. I'd love to hear your system.

As you probably know, WBF is a very good site to hang. Many knowledgable members. Welcome.

Best,

Gordon

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing