Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Simply f'king awesome! Thanks Peter!:D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is more than great! Thanks for posting it. I don't think anyone has been as qualified as him to take over the Tonight show. The man has so many talents. And this one tops them all. He couldn't have been closer to the younger Neil Young.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It is more than great! Thanks for posting it. I don't think anyone has been as qualified as him to take over the Tonight show. The man has so many talents. And this one tops them all. He couldn't have been closer to the younger Neil Young.

This is about the third or fourth clip I've seen of Fallon and I agree....he's really talented. Time to start watching again!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
One of the most talented on air personalities ever.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
One of the most talented on air personalities ever.

For my money Fallon has be the greatest host in the Tonight Show history and I'm going back all the way to Jack Paar. I always felt Carson was the best. Leno was terrific but Fallon is truly gifted.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
For my money Fallon has be the greatest host in the Tonight Show history and I'm going back all the way to Jack Paar. I always felt Carson was the best. Leno was terrific but Fallon is truly gifted.

Steve, you have nailed it. His talent is so broad it's surround sound in a mono universe.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I'm going back all the way to Jack Paar.
Steve Allen was before Paar
Fallon's musical skits are typically right on and this one is at the top of the list IMHO!
Amir you are correct, phrasing and intonation were eerily good.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Fallon is amazing and clearly the most musically talented host ever to sit behind the Tonight Show desk. What is truly amazing about him is his range. I saw him perform as a back up singer when Arrowsmith's Steven Tyler sang "Walk This Way" and I swear, if Tyler dropped dead in the middle of it and Fallon had to continue as the lead, you might never know the difference!

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Download sales of "Old Man" increased by 600% the week after this show aired.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Fallon is the most talented singer and does a great job of mimicking other singers and actors. That said I am already tired of his shtick. He fawns over all of the guests, talks to much and laughs like a teenager when interviewing them at some pretty dumb stuff. Lately I have now only been watching when he has a guest that really interests me.

Looking forward to when Stephen Colbert takes over for Letterman to see if he is a viable alternative.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Wait, what? The young Neil Young is Fallon? I didn't recognize him... wow, that's amazing.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Here's a young Neil Young at Massey Hall 1971.

Chuck Lee

Feb 5, 2015
Jimmy does amazing impersonations of numerous rock stars.Check out his Jim Morrison clip.
Put Jimmy and Justin Timberlake together and it's always a hoot.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Fallon is the most talented singer and does a great job of mimicking other singers and actors. That said I am already tired of his shtick. He fawns over all of the guests, talks to much and laughs like a teenager when interviewing them at some pretty dumb stuff. Lately I have now only been watching when he has a guest that really interests me.

Looking forward to when Stephen Colbert takes over for Letterman to see if he is a viable alternative.
Welcome to the millennial mentality taking over TV. Now I know why my parents generation is grumpy. Can't stand Fallon now. Leno was better by a long shot. I guess that happens when you are an older baby boomer. Millennial's suck ! Lol

Vette

Feb 2, 2014
Fallon, i stopped watching once he came on board. Yuck!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing