The Star Trek lovers appreciation thread

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
What impresses me immensely is how they touched all the bases with "pre-quel" character development .. of characters we thought we knew, and did it so darn cleverly that there is now a seamless backstory that presages much of what is to come relationship-wise (in the original series).

Jeff

Jeff, you nailed it. I am looking forward to the next movie.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Agree, the next movie should be special. In the meantime, today I watched the SNG episode: "The Survivors". Great episode:D Definitely, one of my favorites :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I did a bit of research on that. Good news: the original raw footage was shot on film which means that it can be transferred to HD video in high resolution and wide aspect ratio.

The bad news: They transferred everything to video and did all the editing including compositing the effects in that domain. This means to get an HD presentation, they would have to repeat all of that editing again.

Old stuff doesn't sell that well on Blu-ray. My sense then is that justifying the above expense is hard and is not likely in the cards but I am just guessing.

Grainger49

May 11, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'm an original Trekkie. I watched it in first run. In the past 5 years I saw an original Star Trek that I had never seen before. I don't remember the episode name, remember I'm old. Spock had his brain removed and it was being used for Climate Control on a planet where the women (called "the givers of pleasure and pain") were underground and the men above ground.

So Spock was turned into a thermostat! I don't know how I missed it the first time, nor the hundreds of times it must have been played since then. Now it is my favorite because it is the newest, to me.

Bino

Oct 30, 2022
I'll offer a few from the original Star Trek:

• The City on the Edge of Forever
  • The Menagerie
  • This Side of Paradise
  • The Tholian Web
  • The Corbomite Maneuver

Clearly, this list is imperfect :p
Your list is pretty damn great!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing