The irrationality of rationality or past middle age crisis!!!

F456GTM

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pinecrest, FL
Hi,

Frightfully sorry mates, but I may have become a Japanese nut even though I have never had a Japanese audio component, hope I do not make a big mistake now.

I recently sold my Klyne Series Six and Levinson ML7 preamplifiers and came across several Uesugi and Chriskit units. The Japanese say that these preamps are totally silent with no feedback at all, pure class A sound and that they outclass the Marantz 7!

Price around $2K for the Uesugi and $1K for the Chriskit.

Cheers

Attachments

• UESUGI UBros - 1.jpg
    UESUGI UBros - 1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 25
  • UESUGI UBROS-1.jpg
    UESUGI UBROS-1.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Chriskit MK VI_1.jpg
    Chriskit MK VI_1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Chriskit MK VI_2.jpg
    Chriskit MK VI_2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And there was me thinking this was a thread on mortality and why Boomer audiophiles feel the need to urgently upgrade before they meet the great audio designer in the sky.

Reactions: Lagonda

F456GTM

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pinecrest, FL
One more.

Not well known outside Japan, Uesugi Brothers have a cult following in Japan for their electronics. The ‘brothers’ were instrumental in running tests on lot of famous Japanese Hi-fi exotica while being employed at Stereo Sound magazine in Japan. This ultra-minimalist amplifier is said to have been custom-built for discerning Japanese audiophile. Hand built by the ‘brothers' with point to point wiring, premium grade components and a now extinct Tango transformer.

Attachments

• Uesugi TAC_4.jpg
    Uesugi TAC_4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Uesugi TAC_2.jpg
    Uesugi TAC_2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Uesugi TAC_1.jpg
    Uesugi TAC_1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Uesugi TAC_3.jpg
    Uesugi TAC_3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 25

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
And there was me thinking this was a thread on mortality and why Boomer audiophiles feel the need to urgently upgrade before they meet the great audio designer in the sky.
Color me confused too !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing