Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Its not snce 1916 did Los Angeles play Boston in the World Series

So to ack, Peter and Al, I know who your team is. I remember always being a Dodgers fan and can remember them as the Brooklyn Dodgers as well as the San Francisco Giants the New York Giants. So you know where my vote is going

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
A bicoastal series. It's aways difficut to pick the Red Sox to win the world series. Equally problematic is the notion that repeat losers don't win. I'll jinx the Dogers and pick them to win in 6.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Red Sox fan since the mid 80s, still can't erase the Bill Buckner between the legs scene but happy to see then overcome a 0-2 deficit to beat the Yanks a few years ago. Chants in Boston has always been 'Beat L.A.", starting with their basketball rivalry in the 80s. :)

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I've been a fan since the 60's when my dad took me to Chavez Ravine to see Sandy Koufax pitch. We were there the night when Reggie Jackson destroyed the Dodgers pitching in the World Series. I hope they don't choke this year like last year.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Let's Go Dodgers!

My grandfather was a war-time call up for Brooklyn in the 40s...my only "15 minutes of fame"

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Red Sox fan since the mid 80s, still can't erase the Bill Buckner between the legs scene but happy to see then overcome a 0-2 deficit to beat the Yanks a few years ago. Chants in Boston has always been 'Beat L.A.", starting with their basketball rivalry in the 80s. :)

I was at one of the 1986 World Series games at Shea Stadium. A friend knew someone in the Mets ticket office and he arranged for the tickets.

There were two young guys sittng next to us and they told us their Dad was Buddy Ryan, then coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. We doubted them but they produced their drivers licenses - they were Rex and Rob Ryan who both later also coached in the NFL.

Regarding the poll, I picked the Red Sox since they won 108 regular season games. The Dodgers only won 92.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
My grandson went to his first baseball game on his fourth birthday, August 2nd this year. They live in LA so saw the Dodgers game, where they scored 3 touchdowns. (21 runs!). I think he is probably now a Dodgers fan for life.

I remember seeing them on TV always losing to the Yankees in the '50's with Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, PeeWee Reese, Carl Furillo, Don Newcombe. Always the underdog in Brooklyn. But then they moved to LA and beat my White Sox, who had last appeared in a World Series as the Black Sox and would not win for the rest of the century. Poor Billy Pierce, Nellie Fox and Minnie Minoso. Fast forward to 1988 and we have been in the Bay Area cheering the A's. And mean old Kirk Gibson spoils the great Dennis Eckersley and down go the A's - two strikes against the Dodgers.

I'll have to ask my daughter and son in law whom they are rooting for. They spent 12 years in Boston/Cambridge and were there when the Red Sox broke the curse of the Bambino and then won another, and now six years in Los Angeles.

Larrry

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nice game. Close till the middle till a pinch hitter hit a 3 run homer. 3 more to go for the Red Sox.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Last night's game was probably the best baseball game I have ever seen. I predicted the game would end with LA hitting a walk off home run in the 13th inning only to have the game go to the bottom of the 18th inning when Max Muncy hits his solo HR to end the game.FWIW Muncy almost got his walk off in the 15th inning when he hit the foul pole

It's almost like this is an 8 game series after playing 18 innings last night

Boston still looks invincible with their pitching but hopefully after tonight's game the series will be tied

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As amazing as Game 3 was with a record 18 innings played, Game 4 was even more amazing in terms of how the Red Sox were able to come back from a 0-4 deficit after 6 innings ( I had shut the TV at that time) to tie the game heading to the 9th inning. Even more incredible is how they scored 5 runs on the 9th for a 9-4 lead en route to a 9-6 victory. Hope they win one more. :)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
last night's game was a kick in the you know what. "Unrelievable" was the LAT headline which said it all.

Dodgers were a better team last year w/o Machado....who btw, has been worthless in the World Series and won't be signed.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I thought there were some LAD managerial issues in how he worked his bull pen last night

I wouldn't have used Madson for sure. Then again, if Alexander did his job he would have never seen a batter.

6 straight relievers were charged with runs. Another bad WS record to own.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Boston Strong

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Happy to see the city of Boston celebrating another title. Power hitters. Great pitching.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing