The Dirt | Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Are you a Mötley Crüe fan?
Pete Davidson, Kate Beckinsale's new boyfriend, is in it.
It's not something I'm looking forward to but it's something that a young friend couple just watched last night with their young daughter and they all had a blast. It's nice to be young, wild @ heart and live healthy, they are.They are one of the nicest couples around and their young daughter is an angel.

It won't be for everyone but the young and wild with a good heart.

Me I'm still young so I might check it out someday before I get too old and grumpy.

Proceed @ your own risk.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Wow, I didn't remember I started a thread about this Netflix music documentary back in the Spring. Unusual circumstances brought us to it by expanding our curiosity.

Mötley Crüe Members
The doc surely grabs the attention if anyone is remotely involved in playing music...be it drums, guitar, bass, or singing Rock. I have no clue of its full impact with non-musicians, hardcore fans or casual observers. I can only tell my own view ...

This is the type of Rock music documentary that requires a level of understanding behind the scenes and onstage. Remember, this is my own personal view.

Most WBF members, my best guess, won't find any solace in watching it, but few would certainly appreciate the diversion in contrast to what's happening in the news last week, this week, recently, all that time in jazz ...

Overall (diversion entertainment value): 65
It is the indifference that sometimes propels the better of our curiosity to make a difference.
I'm an Opera lover, but I'm also open to behind the curtains of other music genres ...
This doc is more suited for the later ... if you even remotely fit that category give it a shot.

Life is short so might as well have fun while living it ... in particular today when everything is so serious that it becomes a joke. It's that balance we are all after, and each person finds his own ?
The Dirt - Mötley Crüe

Forget all the critics, embark life as a destiny ... a destination with many many detours and obstacles.
If it's a straight wire line IMO it is boring.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I wonder if this covers the Tommy Lee upside down drumkit, wonder of correct ergonomics and health and safety.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
We dit not see that one covered in this doc Marc. But we saw many other stuff covered though.
They use the cymbals extensively in this doc ... upside down.

If anyone dare to watch it I'm most interested in their opinion.
When it was first mentioned to us we hesitated for months and months...till the recent news on the Internet. That was all the diversion we needed to get back on solid grounds.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing