The Beatles #1 - CD/DVD/Blu-ray release - November 6, 2015

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I had pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition (2BD/1CD) from Amazon CA right away @ $55.99 CDN ($42.47 USD) I'm glad I did as it jumped to $69.99 CDN.

Amazon.COM has it for $59.98 USD, but don't order it from them.

Bull Moose has it for $46.97!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks John. Just pre-ordered it.

Now, someone please educate me on why I did that :). I have not kept track of all the releases of Beatles. Is this expected to have better sound quality or is it because of the video?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks John. Just pre-ordered it.

Now, someone please educate me on why I did that :). I have not kept track of all the releases of Beatles. Is this expected to have better sound quality or is it because of the video?

The main attraction here IMO is the restored video aspect. I have not yet been able to get a definitive answer on the CD side on what we are getting. If someone has that info, please post it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I have the original CD (2000)...it sounds pretty good to me. ...I'll wait for the next UHD Blu-ray. :b

* In your link John, it says: "The 27-track audio CD is also being made available with new stereo mixes."

And the Blu-ray: Stereo and DD 5.1 and DTS HD surround audio mixes. ...And all video songs have been restored (enhanced and with removed glitches, scratches, etc....4K re-digitized).

Your link is pretty much complete on all the various packages offered (several), for best financial revenues touching all people's favorite medium; CD, DVD, LP, Blu-ray. We can pick any combination or single that we love best. And two trailers explain some of the restoration that took place.

? Rock&Roll will never die...Rolling Stones(Rock/Blues), and the Beatles (Pop/Rock/Love).

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing