tell us about your goosebump tracks!

Kenc

Jan 3, 2019
Toronto, Canada
In another post, I intimated that goose bumps (sympathetic nervous system overdrive) might result just as much from the music listened to as from the physical setup that generated the music.
For myself, I cited Cecila Bartoli's voice on Pianissimo, a bit of an ear candy piece on Andrea Bocelli's "Believe" album. In the right frame of mind, Nils Lofgren's chestnut, "Keith Don't Go", has caused my arrector pili to contract as well. I'm interested in what tracks others get goosebumps from. Please share...no judgement from me :).

Reactions: rubinken and Vienna

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Sara McLaughlin “possession“.
Era “don’t you forget about me”.
Vangelis “hymn”

Reactions: rubinken

ArnoFenn

Oct 28, 2020
Missa Criola by Mercedes Sosa

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Emiliana Torrini singing Bleeder. Studio recording on Me and Armini and remarkable live recording on The Colorist & Emiliana Torrini. A sad song with bewildering lyrics but for me it's a Tingle Factor piece!

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Tom Waits - Kentucky Avenue from the Album Blue Valentine

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Sara McLaughlin “possession“.
Era “don’t you forget about me”.
Vangelis “hymn”
Can't find the last 2 on Qobuz - need for accurate details I think.

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Also try come to me from the Vangelis album voices.
The era track is from the mass album
Vangelis hymne (sorry I mis-spelled) is from the album L’opera sauvage.

hope this helps

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Emmylou Harris "Going back to Harlan" from Wrecking Ball vinyl reissue. :)

Reactions: Bobvin and tima

RaChiK

Sep 13, 2020
Sophie Zelmani: Dreamer
Imelda May: call me

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Last edited:

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
I was searching through new releases on QoBuz last night. I played Rimsky-Korsakov’s Piano Concerto in C sharp minor, Orion Weiss - piano, Orchestra NOW, Leon Botstein conducting. Goosebumps. Great performance great recording. It’s on a CD called, “Piano Protagonists”. Great stuff

Reactions: Amr

RDSChicago

Nov 12, 2013
I was searching through new releases on QoBuz last night. I played Rimsky-Korsakov’s Piano Concerto in C sharp minor, Orion Weiss - piano, Orchestra NOW, Leon Botstein conducting. Goosebumps. Great performance great recording. It’s on a CD called, “Piano Protagonists”. Great stuff
Listening to the release now on Qobuz. Which track(s) are the Rimsky piece as they’re not labeled to ID this piece?

RDSChicago

Nov 12, 2013
Not necessarily goosebumps, but listen to this one on Qobuz. Incredible voice coupled with a dynamic recording, this one brings out the cliche that she’s singing right in front of you!

Reactions: Holli82

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Johnny Cash - American Recordings - Unchained - Spiritual

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing