Systems on level with audio note

audiophilejyrnman

May 31, 2022
Hello,

I just listened to an Audio note system consisting of the tonemaster,CD 5.1 and Spe speakers with audio note cables. This is a level 3 in terms of Audio note.

I am very interested in listening to something at the same level same components. Amp,CD/DAC and speakers.

Can anyone recoomend a manufacturer that would compete with the sound that Audio Note provides?

Shindo maybe? Others?

Thanks,

Richard

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Same kinda sound ...

Speakers would be Devore speakers and a lot of " SET s " do the job .
I d pair them with a VIVA set .

GHasley

Jul 22, 2022
Long time lurker, first time poster. I presently have Audio Note AND Shindo gear. I formerly owned the Tonmeister Silver, I presently own Devore speakers and formerly owned AN-E/SPE HE and AN-K/SPX SE.

In my opinion (which is worthless by the way according to my wife) they are similar clothing cut from different cloth. I appreciate both but you must listen, especially if you are comparing the presentation from 300b vacuum tube amplification from these two manufacturers. They both get "tone, space and texture" right, but please understand, they are quite different in their respective emphasis and presentation.

On the speaker side, AN-E's are wonderful, especially in troublesome rooms. Devores O series are wonderful as well, especially if you don't have workable corners. Some Shindo amplifiers prefer higher impedence loads while most Audio Note amplifiers seem comfortable with a 6ohm load since that's, ironically, the load on the AN-E's IIRC haha.

Obviously Audio Note has a comprehensive lineup of amplification, speakers, cables, analog and digital. It IS possible to have every item in your rig built by Audio Note. Shindo has a more focused lineup of amplification, speakers, cables and analog, however, they do not currently offer any digital nor do I believe they ever have, short of building a transformer at one time intended to make digital suck less. Shindo seems to offer a good/better/best product line while Audio Note offers systems you could buy while in college and they will grow with you all the way through your ascension to the C-suite and they can adjust with you while you go through bankruptcy, an indictment, a divorce...LOL. There is a level for everyone and every pocketbook from Audio Note.

All three brands are exceptional and Audio Note dealers, Devore dealers and Shindo dealers are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are also correct in trying to assist the customer with the strategy that the system approach works. My Shindo gear is cabled with Shindo, my Audio Note gear is cabled with Audio Note. Good luck and demo both. Your heart will tell you which one speaks your language. Maybe, like me, you are bi-lingual (in audio terms) and you end up with a setup from each!

I am not affiliated with any of the aforementioned nor am I engaged in the audio industry past, present or future.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to posting on WBF, GHasley!

Which Devore loudspeakers so you own?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
In my opinion (which is worthless by the way according to my wife)
LOL....thanks for the chuckle. That had me in stitches for a stint.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing