Streamer-Music server choice

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm going to have to choose a very good streamer music server for Qobuz streaming and local storage music streaming.
Here is a list of the ones that could fit my budget :

Pink Faun 2.16X
Innuos Statement
432 Evo Master
Aurender N10
SGM 2015 Evo
Antipodes EX+CX
Wolf Alpha 3SX
Paul Pang FC10

Which one is the best bang for the buck ?
Please share your experience as most of you own one of them.
Impossible to home audition all of them as you might be aware.
Cheers

Reactions: Ikhuong

Skanda

May 2, 2020
hey there, just saw your post while browsing the latest activity section. i have a thread going about my brand spankin new taiko extreme and my older rockna wavedream net. might be something you find interesting. i looked at alot of servers recently so i'm happy to offer advice - forgive me, what is the price point you're aiming for...i don't remember the msrp of some of these units. in my taiko thread, i mentioned that i got both my rockna and taiko from my friend, he also carries innuous and antipodes. happy to put you in touch if that helps

what would you say the split between streaming and local files is for you? i'm like 95% streaming and 5% local so that informed some of my choices as well

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I would say 70% streaming 30% local.
Streaming is getting very close to local with the addition of audiophile switchs
Max msrp €14k.
Right now my first pick would be the Pink Faun but i have a couple more months to investigate on the others.
Cheers

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
How’s this topic going? What have you got in the end?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
How’s this topic going? What have you got in the end?
Got the Aqua LinQ streamer and Formula xHD DAC combo, IMO best combo in this price range.

Reactions: TDX

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
The Lucas Audio LDMS is the best piece of equipment of all of my components. It took my Lampi Pacific up 3 notches in sound quality.

Reactions: christoph

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
First time heard this gear, would you please eleborate?
Lucas D is a computer genius in the UK but he is from Poland not that that matters. He can create any kind of music server you want to whatever budget you can afford. I would love to see a shootout between a Taiko Extreme and a LDMS.

I have a very nice system with Canary Audio Grand Reference 300 B mono amps and the C1800 Pre-Amp. I had a music server before and found it to be not worth the money for what I paid. I also had a Lumin X-1 DAC / Streamer

After researching this site I came across the Lampizator Pacific which I bought to replace the Lumin X-1. When I got it my initial impression of the Pacific was okay. I had a Lumin transport hooked up to it. I knew I needed a Music Server to go with the Lampi. I researched a ton and got a lot of advice from fellow WBF's. See the thread LDMS under computer audio for more information and detail.

I ordered a LDMS. It did take a long time to build. I loved the whole process. I would talk to Lucas all of the time to refine how to make the MS the best. I also have a 8tb library attached to it. When I finally received it and plugged it in the sound improvement was immediate. Lucas was there to set everything up through What's Ap. What changed??? The level of detail of every instrument and vocals were immediately noticeable. The guitar frets, the piano pings, the sax detail. It was like going to a concert and listening to each instrument separately. My soundstage increased. The level of transparency improved. Vocals more clear.

It's funny, all of my equipment is boutique including my Viking Acoustic Grande Voix Dual horn speakers with the exception of Lampi. However, in each case I was able to engineer the components to my sonic desires. I got to know the owner of Canary audio, Viking Acoustics and Lucas Audio. For me that is important. If I have a problem, I simply call Lucas and he answers. You would not get that level of service from mainstream audio companies.

Lampi owners might disagree but the LDMS was my naswer to musical bliss.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing