Stereophile Show Report - Manila

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Rather brief report. Looks like some nice toobz 'n Tangos.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We set up the Von Schweikert-KR Audio-Light Harmonic-EERA-Townshend room. Treatments were Primacoustics.

Sadly this year, I wasn't able to go around much because the room was packed most of the time. I also had to leave early on Sunday to catch my flight to Madrid. It was a very good show for us but man, it was the most tiring one so far. I think next year I'll bring a server, DAC, integrated amp and tiny floorstanders. LOL!

I did get to hang out a bit with Luke when Wilfred, his distributor here and a very good friend of ours brought him over. Very nice guy. I did visit the VTL/Focal room though. Love the 7.5 S3s and Siggie 2s.

The only other two rooms I was able to spend some time in were our next door neighbors JE Labs/Tono/Harana and our show partners (Lamm-Magico-TW).

I missed quality time at the Harbeth - Vitus room which always sounds good. Sigh.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing