St. Paul & The Broken Bones

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I heard these guys on our local NPR Radio and I was blown away. Their first album was just released and I got it today. I am listening to it now and I can't help but sway my body and bob my head to the music. Man this guy reminds me of Otis, Little Richard and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7s9A3s8iv8

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Really GOOD stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I am glad you like them too MadFloyd :)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I am glad you like them too MadFloyd :)

Bought the CD from Amazon and it's an 'auto-rip' which means I could download MP3 versions instantly (great from work - listening as I type!)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Damn....what a voice. Loving it! :D

Thanks so much for sharing!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
sounds very promising...ordered and look forward to hearing it. thanks!

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
JV, you are very welcome and I am so glad your guys are as impressed as I am :D

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Gonna be at one of my favorite clubs, The Tractor Tavern on April 19th...should be fun.

Last edited:

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
My wife and I will see them at Club Dada here in Dallas on April 12th. I am totally stoked!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great showmanship to go with the great musicianship too. Dang! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I just went to their ourvinyl.tv site to see a few of their videos. Insanely tight band, well balanced instruments...great stuff!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Damn. Ghost of Wilson Pickett in a pudgy young white guy. That's unexpected. These are such interesting times, musically, because we're 60 years into rock and roll and R&B and young musicians no longer feel the need to reject the music of previous generations. Makes for energetic revivals like this, interesting re-interpretations like Alabama Shakes, and hybrids that hit the re-start button. These guys are terrific.

Tim

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Damn. ...These are such interesting times, musically, because we're 60 years into rock and roll and R&B and young musicians no longer feel the need to reject the music of previous generations. Makes for energetic revivals like this, interesting re-interpretations like Alabama Shakes, and hybrids that hit the re-start button. These guys are terrific.

Tim
Agree...its very very cool. Maybe I am going to be slammed for this...but I do think having everything available electronically, easy at your finger tips, with programs that watch your selections and make recommendations for 'try this' have a lot to do with people being able to slide easily in and out of genres...and EXPLORE music. It may be not be at the quality level audiophiles would ideally prefer...but its MUSIC and its cool.

Additionally, the internet, etc has allowed a new band like this to be introduced to the world on a lower budget than would have been necessary 20 years ago (full launch, paper ads, radio interviews, concerts, etc)...and find their fans and grow faster. Sure, the internet is also therefore jammed with stuff, hence why it still helps to have 'filters' like WBF where someone actually finds something and recommends it...but the proliferation for them [i suspect] could prove to be a lot faster than it would have been fighting thru the masses of in person auditions to get to 1 of 25-50 major rock 'n roll producers.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Agree...its very very cool. Maybe I am going to be slammed for this...but I do think having everything available electronically, easy at your finger tips, with programs that watch your selections and make recommendations for 'try this' have a lot to do with people being able to slide easily in and out of genres...and EXPLORE music. It may be not be at the quality level audiophiles would ideally prefer...but its MUSIC and its cool.

Additionally, the internet, etc has allowed a new band like this to be introduced to the world on a lower budget than would have been necessary 20 years ago (full launch, paper ads, radio interviews, concerts, etc)...and find their fans and grow faster. Sure, the internet is also therefore jammed with stuff, hence why it still helps to have 'filters' like WBF where someone actually finds something and recommends it...but the proliferation for them [i suspect] could prove to be a lot faster than it would have been fighting thru the masses of in person auditions to get to 1 of 25-50 major rock 'n roll producers.

Well you probably won't be slammed for it now that you've mentioned it. :)

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
My wife and I will see them at Club Dada here in Dallas on April 12th. I am totally stoked!

Please let us know what you thought of the concert! And do enjoy yourself this evening! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
+1! Wow Johnny...good memory! Scotts post was a while ago!

Wasn't difficult. I can't stop listening to this band. They are so freagin' awesome! I have to get some LP/CD's....youtube is cool, but I need more! LOL!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wasn't difficult. I can't stop listening to this band. They are so freagin' awesome! I have to get some LP/CD's....youtube is cool, but I need more! LOL!
For sure! I have their album and it is GREAT.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing