Spectral SDR-4000SV

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
As expected, this will show up sometime in 2016 - in desperate need of the new SHHA modules in the 30SV preamp, replacing the older ones, and perhaps other updates...

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Wonder if they change the dac chip or filters as well. An r2r with spectral output stage sounds like a winner.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I know; they are both still under development. UGH

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The dealers have some details, but they won't tell, and we have lost a couple of teeth waiting... probably over 10 years in development, like everything else. I've come to accept that waiting for a Spectral product is like waiting for a fine scotch to mature.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The dealers have some details, but they won't tell, and we have lost a couple of teeth waiting... probably over 10 years in development, like everything else. I've come to accept that waiting for a Spectral product is like waiting for a fine scotch to mature.

Ack, how do you think a Sprectral phono stage will be different/better than your Pass XP25?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Ack, how do you think a Sprectral phono stage will be different/better than your Pass XP25?

No idea, but I would expect it to be much more mature, and certainly more sophisticated in execution like their preamps and amps, with a non-existent noise floor.

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?

that would be cool ... they should work with caol ila (maybe they could do a nice 10 yr??? for spectral) as an incentive to wait?

you have a nice system sir. wow ... well done.

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks... though REALLY looking forward to getting their phono and DAC, this century... LOL

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
what do you mean? they have released another version of SHHA module for the 30SV?

Yes. Suggest you read up on the 30SV thread, and our discussion on the custom JFETs in it

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Yes. Suggest you read up on the 30SV thread, and our discussion on the custom JFETs in it

Sorry Ack, I didn't find where you were talking about a new version of SHHA module for SV version. This means which we have already 2 versions of current 30SV?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Sorry Ack, I didn't find where you were talking about a new version of SHHA module for SV version. This means which we have already 2 versions of current 30SV?

Sorry, I am not following... There is one 30SV and it has new SHHA 3 modules, plain and simple. The 30SV thread discusses all the details, with pictures. Does this help?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Sorry, I am not following... There is one 30SV and it has new SHHA 3 modules, plain and simple. The 30SV thread discusses all the details, with pictures. Does this help?

sorry, only misread your sentence:
As expected, this will show up sometime in 2016 - in desperate need of the new SHHA modules in the 30SV preamp, replacing the older ones, and perhaps other updates..

"replacing the older ones" refer to your SDR4000.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yes, "replacing the old ones" is referring to the SHHA2 (or some version of them) modules in the 4000SL - it still sounds quite good, but dated against today's top digital; BTW, I never owned a 4000 series player. So I think it's in desperate need for an upgrade, considering how impressive the sound of the 30SV with SHHA3 is.

DavidC

Apr 29, 2016
"sometime in 2016" is NOW - Visit Innovative Audio Video in NYC May 13 & 14

As expected, this will show up sometime in 2016 - in desperate need of the new SHHA modules in the 30SV preamp, replacing the older ones, and perhaps other updates...

Hosted by Richard Fryer himself.

Just sharing...

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks. Yeah he's coming up here as well. No formal event that I am aware of, or invited to, but it would be interesting to listen to this unit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing