Spectral factory contact - help

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
Dear all,

I have recently bought a used Spectral DMA-100S amplifier and I have found a discrepancy between the serial number on the packaging (1002*) and the one reported on the label, sticked on the bottom of the amplifier (3600*).
I tried to contact Spectral Audio factory, in last two weeks, many times on the phone (voicemail activated) and fax, unsuccessful.
Could you please help ? Is there any other way to contact them ?

Best Regards/Many thanks
Andrea

Last edited:

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Phone has been the best way to contact them. The only other route would be to put your request through an authorized dealer.
Phone number can be found on the Spectral bulletins.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Ack has noted the factory may have moved and that Spectral has not been answering their phone.

If you really need to get in touch with Spectral you should go through an authorized dealer.

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
Ack has noted the factory may have moved and that Spectral has not been answering their phone.

If you really need to get in touch with Spectral you should go through an authorized dealer.
You are correct... I have been told that Spectral has moved their office. Indeed, I contacted them on new phone number. Anyway, I have been trying for 3 weeks, phoning 4-5 times per week but there always is the voicemail. I'm very disappointed about that... Any other Hi-End brand has the email account, for assistance, in their website. I have also contacted two European dealer but the reply was: I'm sorry I can't help you, please contact Spectral factory. So what???

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
As you are discovering Spectral is not a high end business. They are not interested growing or servicing. You should find a local independent electronics technician.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
As you are discovering Spectral is not a high end business. They are not interested growing or servicing. You should find a local independent electronics technician.

A shame. If ack was still on this forum perhaps he could have more insight on the current/future state of Spectral.

Mr. Fryer and Mr. Johnson are getting up there in age. Maybe, the few employees Spectral has are close to retirement as well.

It would be nice if they disclosed at least to their few dealers the current status and future of the company.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
You are correct... I have been told that Spectral has moved their office. Indeed, I contacted them on new phone number. Anyway, I have been trying for 3 weeks, phoning 4-5 times per week but there always is the voicemail. I'm very disappointed about that... Any other Hi-End brand has the email account, for assistance, in their website. I have also contacted two European dealer but the reply was: I'm sorry I can't help you, please contact Spectral factory. So what???

I've called them in the past at their previous CA location. I always spoke to a nice lady who always answered the phone. Sometimes, she did transfer me to their support technician. Who was also very helpful.

Perhaps they both have retired?

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
I'm sorry but I don't agree ... they should supply assistance even do the amplifier is 20 year old.
I only need a correct label for my DMA100S.

Last edited:

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
I've called them in the past at their previous CA location. I always spoke to a nice lady who always answered the phone. Sometimes, she did transfer me to their support technician. Who was also very helpful.

Perhaps they both have retired?
maybe they office is close for covid ?

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
maybe they office is close for covid ?

I don't think so. Most of the US (including CA) has been open for business.

Honestly, the only thing I would suggest is to contact one of the 3 US Spectral dealers , perhaps Goodwins in MA.

Alan Goodwin most likely could reach out to Rick Fryer directly and clarify some of these issues regarding factory contact.

Just my two cents...

Keep us updated.

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
I don't think so. Most of the US (including CA) has been open for business.

Honestly, the only thing I would suggest is to contact one of the 3 US Spectral dealers , perhaps Goodwins in MA.

Alan Goodwin most likely could reach out to Rick Fryer directly and clarify some of these issues regarding factory contact.

Just my two cents...

Keep us updated.
many thanks for you suggestion.
How can I contact Mr. Alan Goodwin ? or any other US dealer ?

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Music Lovers Audio has been a long time Spectral dealer and have a close relationship with Spectral. Best of luck.

Reactions: Mdp632

roundhead

Oct 31, 2018
Any updates on what is happening at Spectral Audio - have they retired, are they open or closed, did they move and why are they unresponsive?

Do they have any dealers in Toronto, Canada please?

biruzin

Feb 23, 2022
Any updates on what is happening at Spectral Audio - have they retired, are they open or closed, did they move and why are they unresponsive?

Do they have any dealers in Toronto, Canada please?
Hi,

I have been trying to contact them since January ... I sent tons of faxes and I had a lot missing calls (voicemail) without any response.
It's a shame.

BR
Andrea

geppo

Oct 27, 2010
Website seems to be down, at least from here (Italy).

Are they still in business?

Regards

G.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi,

I have been trying to contact them since January ... I sent tons of faxes and I had a lot missing calls (voicemail) without any response.
It's a shame.

BR
Andrea

Did you try contacting any of the US Spectral dealers? If so, what did they say?

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
What a weird company. Going right off them despite their heavenly technology.
Website seems to be down, at least from here (Italy).

Are they still in business?

Regards

G.

It is my understanding, that even today, Spectral is one man shop. In terms of management and daily operations. Such as the 1990s style website.

What does the Audio Graffiti say as they are/were a Spectral dealer in Italy?

Hopefully we get a US or European dealer to confirm the status of the company before spreading Fake news on the internet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing