Spectral Audio DMA-100S Series 2 popping sound. How to fix it?

DAZZER

Jun 17, 2021
Hi!
Periodically Spectral Audio DMA-100S (Series 2) has a popping sound when I switch it on. It happens unpredictably, but only in Left channel.
Anybody knows how to fix it? I'll be glad for any help.
I know the standard and universal advice for any issue, but I have no dealer in my country. So I've opened the device and noticed strange spot on one capacitor (first upper capacitor). Besides it everything seems to be ok with no any visible issues. I'll try to change that capacitor of course when I'll found a similar one.
IMG20210501161030.jpg

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Like Addicted to hifi said, you should just bite the bullet and send it back to Spectral for service. It's a lovely power amp and worth the expense to get it serviced. I have one.

Also I would recommend when you turn it on, to never turn it off, it's better for the equipment. Equipment are under more stress at switch on. My equipment are never turned off, in fact it's been on since I move to this new flat 741 Days 10 Hours & 55 minutes ago. I can see the up time on the power regenerator.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing