Some alterations to my living room (main) system

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
My main system has undergone a few alterations as my interest for vinyl has increased significantly in recent time. I find Technics new Cartridge optimizing technic very promising :).

OUT:
My old McIntosh 7270 with the C52 preamp combo is gone. So is also the Peachtree Nova 500 and the Exogal DAC with external power supply.

IN:
Technics SU-R1000 amp
Technics SL 1210GR Turntable with Ortofon Black LVB 250 MM
Torus power conditioner
Mutec Re-Clocker
A few cords here and there

Have a great day!

Attachments

• ML.jpg
    ML.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Technics 2.jpg
    Technics 2.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 89
  • The Rack.jpg
    The Rack.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 89
  • L-room.jpg
    L-room.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 94

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Very nice. Congrats!

Reactions: The Knife

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Very nice place.
I love your ELP « Brain Salad Surgery » photo.
Thanks PierreB. It is actually my wifes. She always been fascinated by H.R Giger. We have a few pieces from him at home :).
Kind regards

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Love your Logans but hate that glass table, couldn't be in a worse place.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
My main system has undergone a few alterations as my interest for vinyl has increased significantly in recent time. I find Technics new Cartridge optimizing technic very promising :).

OUT:
My old McIntosh 7270 with the C52 preamp combo is gone. So is also the Peachtree Nova 500 and the Exogal DAC with external power supply.

IN:
Technics SU-R1000 amp
Technics SL 1210GR Turntable with Ortofon Black LVB 250 MM
Torus power conditioner
Mutec Re-Clocker
A few cords here and there

Have a great day!
Very nice.congrats

Last edited:

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Love your Logans but hate that glass table, couldn't be in a worse place.
Maybe the glass table effects the sound in a negative way? Waves bouncing on it in all directions. Need to give that a thought because it rests on blocks from the Berlin Wall.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Maybe the glass table effects the sound in a negative way? Waves bouncing on it in all directions. Need to give that a thought because it rests on blocks from the Berlin Wall.

I am a firm believer in the 'golden triangle', nothing should be between your speakers and your listening position.

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
A question. I currently run 2x7 meters speaker cables due to how I have organised my home. They are 12 awg quality cables from Chord. Would you consider them to be a bottle neck? A very hifi experienced friend of mine says speaker cables should be maximum 2 meters long to reach optimal performance.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
A question. I currently run 2x7 meters speaker cables due to how I have organised my home. They are 12 awg quality cables from Chord. Would you consider them to be a bottle neck? A very hifi experienced friend of mine says speaker cables should be maximum 2 meters long to reach optimal performance.
7 metres is not long and there will be no loss in sound quality imho.

Last edited:

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
I actually run 14 metres of chord cable to my speakers at the back of the room and it sounds fine.
Oh that's good to hear. But have you compared 14metres to say 2 metres in your system? You couldn't hear any difference?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I cart do the comparison between 14 metre cable and my other cables because they are different Brands.my shortest cable is audience 3 metres.

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Ok. Understood.

Audioholics also suggest there are no audible differences on cables that short. Mathematical maybe. Perhaps. But Not noticeable for the human ear.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing