Simon and Garfunkle; Concert in Central Park, (from 1981) Lp

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I was listening to some redbook files recently and listened to this. wow! it got my attention....from 1981.

so I looked and I did not own the Lp. so I found an Original (early) Pressing on ebay (Warner Brothers-2BSK 3654) and bought it....$22 including shipping.

then I found I had a 2xdsd rip of the Lp and it was very fine. I love it when that happens.:D

the double Lp arrived yesterday and it's exceptional. of course; as I graduated from High School in 1969 this music is right in my wheel house.....and it's better recorded than the originals. excellent sound. nice booklet with some great early 80's pictures.

if you have this and have not listened recently you should. if you don't have it, get it. iconic music wonderfully performed and recorded. I love live recordings.

I will post the matrix numbers for this pressing when I get home. I recall that it does have 'Sterling' stamped in the dead wax.

central park.jpg

Last edited:

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I bought the re-issue last year from Acoustic Sounds and it sounds excellent as well. A lot of the old Simon & Garfunkel records are very good sonically.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
And also hi-res download from the usual sites

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I was listening to some redbook files recently and listened to this. wow! it got my attention....from 1981.

so I looked and I did not own the Lp. so I found an Original (early) Pressing on ebay (Warner Brothers-2BSK 3654) and bought it....$22 including shipping.

then I found I had a 2xdsd rip of the Lp and it was very fine. I love it when that happens.:D

the double Lp arrived yesterday and it's exceptional. of course; as I graduated from High School in 1969 this music is right in my wheel house.....and it's better recorded than the originals. excellent sound. nice booklet with some great early 80's pictures.

if you have this and have not listened recently you should. if you don't have it, get it. iconic music wonderfully performed and recorded. I love live recordings.

I will post the matrix numbers for this pressing when I get home. I recall that it does have 'Sterling' stamped in the dead wax.

View attachment 27836

Mike, I have this album and played it only last week. It is exceptional but they have always been a favorite of mine

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I bought the re-issue last year from Acoustic Sounds and it sounds excellent as well. A lot of the old Simon & Garfunkel records are very good sonically.

I just bought the current reissue of Simon's Graceland. I was left somewhat unimpressed last night. A bit flat and lifeless, imho.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Mike, I was there. I remember what a big deal it was and my friends and I got there very early. We were quite close and the concert was terrific. I also saw them when I went to see SNL in person for a reunion a few years later.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mike, I was there. I remember what a big deal it was and my friends and I got there very early. We were quite close and the concert was terrific. I also saw them when I went to see SNL in person for a reunion a few years later.

You lucky guy to have been in the audience of that SNL show. I remember watching it on TV however. To be there and see/hear it live must be unforgettable

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

I saw you in the pictures.....that's when you had hair.;)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I just bought the current reissue of Simon's Graceland. I was left somewhat unimpressed last night. A bit flat and lifeless, imho.

I have an original and the reissue. I prefer the original.

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Saved me some dough gentleman. Thanks. I'm remember that I used to be shocked at paying 45-50$ for a double 45 like rumours thinking they were the best, now I'm paying bigger bucks for clean originals;:D As they seem to crush most reissues imho. This original is had for cheap luckily, great sounding.

Jeff

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing