Shunyata Research ZTRON Alpha Digital PC

Inyurear

Aug 3, 2014
I am a new member here, and would like to ask a question regarding this new digital cable from SR. Can it be used (should it be used) straight into the wall or would my cheap ($100.00) little Furman power distributor/conditioner allow me to enjoy the benefits of this power cord into my oppo BDP-95 (yes, I realize the PC costs as much as the oppo)?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am a new member here, and would like to ask a question regarding this new digital cable from SR. Can it be used (should it be used) straight into the wall or would my cheap ($100.00) little Furman power distributor/conditioner allow me to enjoy the benefits of this power cord into my oppo BDP-95 (yes, I realize the PC costs as much as the oppo)?

First off welcome to WBF

I have an Alpha Digital and for the money this is a terrific PC and yes I bet you will reap benefits from it in your system.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I felt the color was a bit brighter, and the image sharper, on my Oppo 103 after I added the Alpha Digital.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Bud,
Have the S5s returned?

Not to side track the thread, but "YES"!!! As good as new, maybe better.

Go to the Magico forum on Audio Shark, and read 'Broke my S5s' for details.

Inyurear

Aug 3, 2014
First off welcome to WBF

I have an Alpha Digital and for the money this is a terrific PC and yes I bet you will reap benefits from it in your system.

After hearing from you yesterday, I decided today was going to be the day to pull out the aftermarket powercord I have with the oppo and replace it with the stock OEM cord, just to hear any diference (it's been a year). I did, but it was not dramatic. I'm new to forums (virgin) so I don't know if it's OK to mention the PC that's been in there. It did get a bad review from an online reviewer.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have a Hydra AV connected to a 20 amp dedicated line via a Zitron Anaconda.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing