Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
When you finish with that Pioneer player send it to me. I need the transport as a back up for my Ayre disc spinner.

Thanks

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The answer to your question is yes.
I assume you would be streaming from the streamer you just ordered. That shows the pitfall of making an assumption. I further assume you have three options.
1. The Pioneer Elite as a standalone unit.
2. The Pioneer/Baltic combo
3.Innous Pulse mini/Baltic
A further assumption. It will be 1& 2 vs 3.
I predict 3 will be the winner.
I have previously stated the Pioneer Elite may be limited by the quality of available software. Another assumption. ;)
BTW for $99 I want that cd player.

I have a feeling that Pioneer as transport —> Baltic 3 is going to sound wonderful on an absolute basis, and be amazingly good sound value for money.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
When you finish with that Pioneer player send it to me. I need the transport as a back up for my Ayre disc spinner.

Thanks

At $170 for NOS brand-new-in-the-box I am keeping him!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I have a feeling that Pioneer as transport —> Baltic 3 is going to sound wonderful on an absolute basis, and be amazingly good sound value for money.
i hope you are right. Sounds as though you have an impressive cd collection.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, I took your post to be in that it sounded better, not that it was easier. Some of my Boston area friends prefer the sound of physical CDs to streaming in their systems. At least they did a couple years ago when I last talked to them about it. You can discuss with Ack and Al M.

Hmmm. I wrote “easier.” Right now CD is beating iPad streaming (which I would expect), but it is correct that iPad streaming is not proper streaming and it is not a proper or fair comparison to CD.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, you don’t like digital. That Pioneer will only break in and sound better. I am saving you from liking it and having trouble.

Thank you for trying to save me from myself!

Reactions: dan31

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I agree so far that streaming sounds more homogenous. If I hear different I’ll say it.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Thanks

Even if I just keep it on the shelf I think it’s nice to have a working CD player for playing test CDs and diagnostics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing