Robert Koda K-10 - Tone Audio long term review...

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have to agree with Jeff Dorgay @ Tone Audio. I've had my Koda K-10 now for over 2 years. It's just amazing everyday I listen to it.

A few want more volume gradations, it doesn't bother me...the 40 steps synch up nicely with my system. Just a amazing pre amp...and one if you're considering a top flight preamp you should really find a way to listen to the Koda K-10

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/long-term-the-robert-koda-k-10-preamplifier/

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have to agree with Jeff Dorgay @ Tone Audio. I've had my Koda K-10 now for over 2 years. It's just amazing everyday I listen to it.

A few want more volume gradations, it doesn't bother me...the 40 steps synch up nicely with my system. Just a amazing pre amp...and one if you're considering a top flight preamp you should really find a way to listen to the Koda K-10

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/long-term-the-robert-koda-k-10-preamplifier/

I have to say that merging all the opinions I got from private talk and the forum posts the Koda K-10 and K-15 are on top of my wish to listen equipment.

Skeptical audiophiles must bring Jeff to WBF (I quote his review http://www.tonepublications.com/review/robert-koda-takumi-k-10-preamplifier/

Interestingly, the K-10 doesn’t respond to additional tweaks or attempts to further control vibration. It is built like a bank vault. Its robust power supply makes it one of the only components we’ve reviewed that does not really react to upgrades in the power path. (The other is the Naim CD-555.) Swapping power cords proves fruitless, and the K-10 doesn’t sound much different when plugged directly into the wall or a variety of expensive power line conditioners.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
No doubt the Pre sounds out of this world but dont you ever miss a Remote control?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
No doubt the Pre sounds out of this world but dont you ever miss a Remote control?

I really don't. Not in the least bit. All my other pre's had remotes. It just one of those things you listen vs want to fiddle with something...

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great review...enjoy JFrech!!! Jeff Dorgay is a big fan of the CJ GAT, and i have communicated with him off-line about the CJ GAT, comparing notes. So that too gives me a better way to gauge his enthusiasm for the Koda. One special preamp for the ages indeed.

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
The K10 is truly a special amp and I have no regret buying it from new and still enjoying it until today. I dont know about the K15ex - will find out soon as long as it is available here - but the K10 can quickly replace the k15 in my system without any problem.

Although the K15 is superb as reported in another thread, the K10 is also excellent on its own right. Particularly when I know many people dont want to hear all the details clearly or 'honest presentation' which the K15 brings about, the K10 is probably the optimum choice.

I am so eager to hear the k15ex, technically its a new pre compared to the k15, so I am wondering how much better this pre will be!!! it seems the upgrading price from k15 to k15ex is not very very expensive.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
sonrock, well said...

Reactions: sonrock

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
At 8000 USD it is more than most poeple pay for their finished preamp.

Reinhard

If I'm not wrong then its $8k hk Sir, not is US dollar. tBecause the rrp of the k15 is more than double the rrp of the k10, give that I see the upgrading price from the k15 to k15ex is not very very expensive Sir. When we talk about ultra highend, you can see many brands usually raise their new flagship product price significantly compared to the previous model. Koda is a small brand which is mainly targeting clients in Asia who are very wealthy and ready to spend big money for their hifi hobby. So that I'm quite surprised with this time and I'm well aware of that many of us here will not be able to afford this k15ex.

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
From K15 thread:

The upgrade price in HK is about USD8000. The process takes 2-3 weeks.

It's quite reasonable and I guess all K15 owners in Hong Kong will do the Extreme Upgrade.

Regards,

"Sir" Reinhard

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
I have mine since April 2021, ex-demo from the local distributor, as of the date of this post it is almost 3 years now. If anyone comes along this post considering to buy one; I said "bury me with this" the day I first had it in my system (along with other equipment way short of its caliber) still think the same after all these years. Never ever considered trying another one. Many gear has passed by, finally settled my main system but my Takumi K-10 was always in the middle of it.

Reactions: sonrock

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
That’s the right choice and congratulations to have this amazing pre in your system. If not because of equipment matching and H&S, I would never change it for anything else regardless of price. I’m just lucky that the full pilium combo sounds just super and maintaining many similar characteristics of the mighty koda k10 :). Once again, congrats!

Reactions: metei

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have mine since April 2021, ex-demo from the local distributor, as of the date of this post it is almost 3 years now. If anyone comes along this post considering to buy one; I said "bury me with this" the day I first had it in my system (along with other equipment way short of its caliber) still think the same after all these years. Never ever considered trying another one. Many gear has passed by, finally settled my main system but my Takumi K-10 was always in the middle of it.
Fantastic and enjoy! Always nice to hear from a fellow owner of Robert Koda!

Reactions: metei

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing