Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Peter, I like the sound with the curtains open. And, in reality, they cover a fair portion of that entire wall even when open.

When Bonnie visited, she said she could work with the wall with the glass, basically she could acoustically model with one reflective surface. The rest of the room is "treated" essentially all the walls are BAD panels using a computer generated random pattern of various sized holes. My room thread "Wilson & ARC for me" described that build out including pictures of the guys drilling the wall panels on-site. Then the fabric we chose to cover the walls was sent to Bonnie for testing so it would be incorporated into her algorithm. I'm sure our rooms sound very different—mine is certainly more 'damped' than yours. Folks will form their own opinions, but those who've visited generally agree its the best room they've heard. (I can't speak to the size of their sample set!)

Back to the curtains... these, and those in the rear, contains Lumitex acoustic fabric. (http://www.soundsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Lumitex®.pdf) The front wall curtains contain a single layer, those in the rear 3 layers. The folds in the fabric provide some diffusion and some absorption. Drawn across the glass, the room/sound loses sparkle. There are also some translucent Hunter Douglas honeycomb blinds that can drop in front of the windows. If the outside is really bright summer sun, sometimes the contrast vs. inside is too much for my eyes. These are essentially plastic film, honeycombed, and reduce the glare. They seem to have minimal effect acoustically. But... that is a rare day I am in the music room middle of a bright sunny day.

View attachment 83139
Very beautiful room.love the blinds and of corse the awesome system.

It is a beautiful room and I remember your room construction thread which I read with much interest. The colors are very calming in my opinion it seems like a very comfortable space in which to sit and enjoy the music and your wine selection.
Should you find yourself on the ”left” coast Peter I’d be more than happy to dig into the cellar and find something tasty to share. My collection of classical music won’t be up to your standards, but I’m sure we’ll find music to enjoy. You are always welcome here.

Reactions: PeterA
Should you find yourself on the ”left” coast Peter I’d be more than happy to dig into the cellar and find something tasty to share. My collection of classical music won’t be up to your standards, but I’m sure we’ll find music to enjoy. You are always welcome here.

thank you Bob. I would love exposure to that variety of speakers you have. Are used to go to Seattle every August, but I don’t get out there anymore. Thank you for the kind invitation. I will keep it in mind.

Hi Peter, I like the sound with the curtains open. And, in reality, they cover a fair portion of that entire wall even when open.

When Bonnie visited, she said she could work with the wall with the glass, basically she could acoustically model with one reflective surface. The rest of the room is "treated" essentially all the walls are BAD panels using a computer generated random pattern of various sized holes. My room thread "Wilson & ARC for me" described that build out including pictures of the guys drilling the wall panels on-site. Then the fabric we chose to cover the walls was sent to Bonnie for testing so it would be incorporated into her algorithm. I'm sure our rooms sound very different—mine is certainly more 'damped' than yours. Folks will form their own opinions, but those who've visited generally agree its the best room they've heard. (I can't speak to the size of their sample set!)

Back to the curtains... these, and those in the rear, contains Lumitex acoustic fabric. (http://www.soundsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Lumitex®.pdf) The front wall curtains contain a single layer, those in the rear 3 layers. The folds in the fabric provide some diffusion and some absorption. Drawn across the glass, the room/sound loses sparkle. There are also some translucent Hunter Douglas honeycomb blinds that can drop in front of the windows. If the outside is really bright summer sun, sometimes the contrast vs. inside is too much for my eyes. These are essentially plastic film, honeycombed, and reduce the glare. They seem to have minimal effect acoustically. But... that is a rare day I am in the music room middle of a bright sunny day.

View attachment 83139
Such beautiful room with view to envy. So nice and impeccable I would get nervous and hesitate to step into. Congratulation Bob West.

Reactions: Bobvin
Such beautiful room with view to envy. So nice and impeccable I would get nervous and hesitate to step into. Congratulation Bob West.
No worries Tang, you too are always welcome here.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

I am VERY proud to announce that the Rhapsody Listening Room - Portland (Bob West) is now live on the new Rhapsody.Audio site.

The updated site (thx Julian) now has five of the six Rhapsody.Audio locations across the US with linked pages. West Palm Beach will be live in the next 2-3 weeks.

All contact information (email/phone) are listed on each RLR page.

I should note that Bob has the Pilium Alexander/Achilles pre/amp combo as well as Alsyvox Botticelli X, Diesis Roma SE and Bayz Courantes.

Welcome Bob Vineyard aka Bob West to the Rhapsody.Audio RLR program. That's quite a room, that's all I can say!!!

I will echo others congratulations to both of you!!

Although I like the look of the system, I have to say that I am captivated by the garden - just stunning!

Reactions: Rhapsody and Bobvin
Bob V, congrats on your opening! I see your equipment signature lists the CS Port phono. Do you sell CS Port and the other brands of equipment in your system?

Bob V, congrats on your opening! I see your equipment signature lists the CS Port phono. Do you sell CS Port and the other brands of equipment in your system?
Hi Tim, at this time no, no connection with CS Port though I do have a serious jones for the LFT1 turntable. I can’t see myself becomming a distributor as too much ”business” involved, possibly a dealer should they find a US distributor.

The other pieces of my kit are from my prior rig, time will tell what gets swapped for other kit Rhapsody represents. Cabling always a possibility though the Shunyata power loom is new — lowest on my list of possible changes. VYDA interconnects and speaker cables could replace the Transparent (if I like the sound.) Most likely I will add Taiko server, then move to Pilium DAC, then maybe that LFT1 table. Its all just wishful thinking at this point, have to absorb the cost of the new kit that is in-house.

And technically, I don’t sell anything. Anyone interested in the Pilium, Alsyvox, Bayz, or Diesis will work with Bob @ Rhapsody. I’m just the guy who has to move the speakers around. :cool:

Reactions: tima
I will echo others congratulations to both of you!!

Although I like the look of the system, I have to say that I am captivated by the garden - just stunning!
I will show my wife your post. The part of the garden you see is mostly done by mother nature. The part I am responsible for you cannot see in the pictures -- is a mess. I still think I can do the gardening like I was 20 years younger. My back reminds me it is not so.

I find this to be an interesting comparison. Two lovely front walls with similarities.

View attachment 83172

View attachment 83173
We work with what we have Peter. In the case of your photos, the one with acoustic “stuff” everywhere was exactly what we wanted to avoid working with our acoustician and interior designer. My wife wanted a “normal” room, without the hoo-ha visible everywhere. In our case the type fabric-walls you find in a home theater allowed the BAD panels to be hidden, the result just looks like wallpaper. My wife is very happy with the result, and the acoustics are amazing. Plus, the acoustician says she designs not just to sound good, but “feel good” too. My room feels very much like the Magico showroom, quiet but not dead, with a particularly warm overall gestalt.

We work with what we have Peter. In the case of your photos, the one with acoustic “stuff” everywhere was exactly what we wanted to avoid working with our acoustician and interior designer. My wife wanted a “normal” room, without the hoo-ha visible everywhere. In our case the type fabric-walls you find in a home theater allowed the BAD panels to be hidden, the result just looks like wallpaper. My wife is very happy with the result, and the acoustics are amazing. Plus, the acoustician says she designs not just to sound good, but “feel good” too. My room feels very much like the Magico showroom, quiet but not dead, with a particularly warm overall gestalt.

I simply posted the two photographs because they are from two threads that are very active right now on the forum. One has a living garden on the front wall between the speakers and yours has a living garden outside the glass window between your speakers. Both rooms are reported to have superb sonics, and to me they look like nice comfortable places to relax and listen to music. Your room is certainly more minimal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICUToo
I simply posted the two photographs because they are from two threads that are very active right now on the forum. One has a living garden on the front wall between the speakers and yours has a living garden outside the glass window between your speakers. Both rooms are reported to have superb sonics, and to me they look like nice comfortable places to relax and listen to music. Your room is certainly more minimal.
I didn't recognize what exactly was in between the speakers in the other room... living garden is very cool idea. When I zoomed in on the image, I noted the front wall is covered with BAD panels. I'll bet those horns sound amazing in that space. And whomever's room that is can't be all bad, I see a cat bed on the bookshelf behind the couch.

Bob
Congrats on the whole package ... it is very impressive
What you have is an acoustic design rather than room treatments. It is is integrated into the decor and provides a visually as well as an acoustically calm space .
I know what you mean about a space that feels good ... all those non correlated perforated patterns would provide a very even and controlled reverbarent field so it would "sound good" even in total quiet but works for general speech as well as music... and then there is the view ... the alsyvox frame it beautifully.
Will you ultimately pronounce a favourite speaker?
Cheers
Phil

Reactions: tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing