REL: 2X2 No. 25 versus 3X2 G1 Mark II?

Which is the better set-up to reproduce 10Hz to 20Hz with resolution and extension?

• G1 Mark II Six Pack

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No. 25 Four Pack

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Four (4) REL No. 25s are approximately the same cost as six (6) REL G1 Mark IIs.

Assuming space and aesthetics are not issues, how should one go about deciding whether to get a four pack of No. 25s or a six pack of G1 Mark IIs?

Which is the better option if one wants to reproduce with resolution, nuance and extension the frequency range of 10Hz to 20Hz?

Why?

What are the pros and cons of each set-up?

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
Four (4) REL No. 25s are approximately the same cost as six (6) REL G1 Mark IIs.

Assuming space and aesthetics are not issues, how should one go about deciding whether to get a four pack of No. 25s or a six pack of G1 Mark IIs?

Which is the better option if one wants to reproduce with resolution, nuance and extension the frequency range of 10Hz to 20Hz?

Why?

What are the pros and cons of each set-up?
I have a pair of 25s and the guidance from REL was based upon my main speakers and the room.
I think those will be the parameters for deciding upon which units are stacked.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Personally, 25s:
- it is the reference piece which means longer-term investment because...
- ...you can upgrade later if you want a 6-pack of 25s by 'just' going to 2 more
- never feel like you spent good money on 6 G1s and then want to upgrade the WHOLE thing; those kinds of deals are the most costly in the end
- fewer components to setup/calibrate...i have read that multiple subs (even stacked) take some real calibration finetuning
- as for all out sound comparison, the 25s 'seem' to be designed to dig deeper which intuitively i prefer given what you are targeting which is super-low frequencies (subsonic basically)

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
I was faced with this decision and went with 4 N25s. They go lower in frequency than the G1s and I think they will integrate better with the MBL 101s. This picture does not show their final destination which will be closer to the speakers.

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_233026844.jpg
    PXL_20210801_233026844.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 41

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing