Problem with Esoteric K1x with G1 clock

TommyTunes

Jan 16, 2012
Alpharetta
I’m having a problem when playing SACD’s on the K1x with P1 power supply, connected to the G1 clock. It just started recently, usually once per disc the screen will flash CLOCK!, the sound will stop for a second and then resume.
I’ve unplugged the unit overnight but still happening. The problem seems only when playing SACD’s and not regular CD’s.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

tum2000

Nov 8, 2022
I use K1x with P1 power supply, connected to the G02X Master clock and now G1X Master clock with 50 Ohm BNC - Shunyata SIGMA Clock-50 , no have such issue . How about your BNC cable ?

TommyTunes

Jan 16, 2012
Alpharetta
I use K1x with P1 power supply, connected to the G02X Master clock and now G1X Master clock with 50 Ohm BNC - Shunyata SIGMA Clock-50 , no have such issue . How about your BNC cable ?
It was a matter of changing the G1 switches from Ground to Normal. Solved the issue

tum2000

Nov 8, 2022
It was a matter of changing the G1 switches from Ground to Normal. Solved the issue
This model has three position toggle switch . A. GND , OFF , NOR . A.GND is "Adaptive Zero Ground" mode that actively drives the ground signal to 0 volts. This greatly reduces noise (random jitter) caused by variation in the ground voltage. This position isn't normal ground , NOR position is normal ground . If you such issue , may be have a problem about toggle switch or Adaptive Zero Ground . You can learn about Adaptive Zero Ground from this link.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing