They still hate each other but also have love and respect for each other

In case you missed it last night

Magic Johnson & Larry Bird - Lifetime Achievement Award - 2019 NBA Awards

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Magic And Bird: A Rivalry Gives Way To Friendship

I'm seeing this for the first time. Thanks for posting, Steve. In those 80s Finals, I never would have thought they were friends and remained friends till the internet started to show their friendship. I am so happy for both of them, for what they have done for the game of basketball, and for their good personalities. They compete and they strive for the best always. Hard to find a pair like Magic and Bird, ever.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Larry J. Bird's Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech

Another great video, am very touched he chose Bill Walton to be with him in the podium, as with his former coach whom he got his first championship with. In the Lifetime Achievement Award speech, he singled out Bill Walton as his favorite. Both are team players, heady, without egos, but team first mentality.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bob, I've added your posts on this thread to the list of texts and emails I don't read immediately after these big sporting events because I often can't watch them live. I record them to watch later in the day or that evening. I can't believe how difficult it is to avoid hearing the results before I have a chance to actually watch the event unfold. Many of the World Cup soccer games and Wimbledon matches were ruined for me because I heard the results before I had a chance to watch the recordings.

Not a big problem in the scheme of things, but frustrating nevertheless.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If I knew that Peter I wouldn't have posted it, I am truly sorry.
It's very very very hard to do everything perfectly allright for all people.
I've been trying for close to 65 years and I have yet to master that art.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
If I knew that Peter I wouldn't have posted it, I am truly sorry.
It's very very very hard to do everything perfectly allright for all people.
I've been trying for close to 65 years and I have yet to master that art.

No problem Bob don’t change a thing. I just know not to watch these threads about sports until I’ve watched my tapes

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Look Peter, I use common sense and I posted a recent great sporting event. That's what this thread is about...the topic.

Now you just made me aware that I shouldn't have posted it.
I sincerely regret. I even regret all the things that make some people freeking out for small unimportant details of life. Over the years I learned the sensitivities and misjudgement of some members. I adapt every single day with the world and the people I interact with.

Every single day I do beyond my very best to please EVERYONE.
It is never enough, but I never give up. That's how life works; constantly improving ourselves.

I love sports, I love photographs, I love music, I love life, I love people in it, and I love sharing to the fullest. I ask nothing of nobody, I give everything of what people ask me to not do.

How should I know what everyone like and dislike? How could I have guessed that you like tennis and that you recorded that match to watch later on?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bob, it’s not a big deal. Keep posting what you want to post. My only point is that I am learning just like you. I do love tennis and I enjoy the women’s World Cup soccer tournament every four years. I just have to try very hard not to read about the results before I have a chance to see the match myself, that’s all.

Carry on!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing