Peachtree Nova 65

Jul 27, 2015
I got a Peachtree Nova 65 for My Dad.
Decided to hook it up and run it in before i ship it out to him.

Man, this amp should be on top of your list if you need something for under 1K$ with a DAC!
It Replaced a AVM C 2.2 in this setup. The AVM has better Bass controll but there is not much else missing in the Nova65...

IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0260.jpg

Apr 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Nova line sounds pretty good indeed. The only thing I can't stand in them is the tube. It just adds distortion and nothing else to my ears.

Jul 27, 2015
The Nova line sounds pretty good indeed. The only thing I can't stand in them is the tube. It just adds distortion and nothing else to my ears.
Its funny, i think the tube makes everything a little softer. Depending on the recording it can be a little more pleasent.

BTW: Thanks for the Roon review, i completely missed that post for some reason...

Apr 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
Maybe it is better in the unit you tested. I played with it a few years ago. Stereophile tested it and it was producing a ton of distortion. I may be more sensitive to the distortion than any redeeming value it has :). Kudos to them for making it selectable and through the remote no less.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing