Online Spending

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
A longtime friend once complained that "in the old days, you have to go out of the house to spend money, now you can spend everything you have without even leaving your bed".

Do you find yourself spending more and more of your hard earned money online as well?

I have to admit that I am guilty of doing this... and for the most part, a positive buying experience

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
A longtime friend once complained that "in the old days, you have to go out of the house to spend money, now you can spend everything you have without even leaving your bed".

Do you find yourself spending more and more of your hard earned money online as well?

I have to admit that I am guilty of doing this... and for the most part, a positive buying experience

I go through phases, but yeah, an awful lot of my shopping is done online these days.

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This is the year that has really happened to me. The catalyst was Amazon prime where you get free shipping and one-click purchases. You see the item and boom, five seconds later it is due out to you. Beats the heck out of getting in the car, spending money on gas, time and energy shopping in person. Doesn't work for everything but I am hooked!

We bought a vacation house in a remote area that we are going to retire to. The enabler was this kind of shopping ability. No longer do you need a major city next to you to get access to just about everything you need! Just had to make sure we were near a hospital because that's one thing you can't mail order yet :).

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Amir, you nailed it. Amazon is one of my best friends! Personal and business related purchases delivered to my front door.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Every once in a while, I am really amazed by our technology.

I see something I want, use my iPhone and go to Amazon and buy it; remember a TV program I want to watch, use my DirecTV iPhone app. pick which of 3 receivers I want to record, and record it.

And the list goes on. I usually take it for granted but reading Ron's post reminded of how amazingly technology has so dramatically changed our lives.

The large majority of my audio components were purchased on the Internet (either new from and ID only merchant or used from Audigon). And this is all in the last 15 years.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing