Old mit vs new mit difference

apogee

Oct 5, 2013
Just curious as i am changing from transparent to mit if there were people have any experience btween the old vs the new
Pierre

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
When you say "old" what exactly are you referring to?

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Then what's "new"?

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Those are completely different lines of product that are not comparable. Oracle products are the top line. Couldn't tell you re Matrix, never used that.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Ma-x,matrix

MIT is one of the more difficult lineups to sort out. I have the Matrix HD 60 speaker cables and these were a big upgrade from a decade older pair of Oracle "dot" series cables. It's my general sense that the MA-X and Matrix series were both well regarded. I believe that the 350 EVO shotgun was really good back in the day, but I suspect that you will find the MA-X to be a significant upgrade. Likewise for the upper end of the Matrix series.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Aa few years ago MIT basically doubled the price on their cables. This enables dealers to appear to give huge discounts. After they did that I decided to not support them anymore.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Aa few years ago MIT basically doubled the price on their cables. This enables dealers to appear to give huge discounts. After they did that I decided to not support them anymore.

I think the new ridiculous prices are MIT's version of the Transparent Cables pricing model. iirc a former Transparent dealer said that his cost was somewhere around 20% of retail price foe most of the line.

Plus, if you don't like all the sound manipulation via the various knobs (I hate it - all knobs are off in my use) then there has been very little improvement in the most recent generation versus the original MA series cables (just a touch more speed but you have to use the top of the line current interconnects to hear even that).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing