No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I sm starting this thread to provide some update to the Tidal La Assoluta thread and I do so with great angst. Recently there was much controversy about recent posts in Rudolphs personal blog about his system such that moderation was required. There were several members who felt that this thread was not Rudolph's personal blog. The majority of readers however did in fact feel that this was Rudolph's personal system blog. In order to further elucidate this point after discussion with Rudolph, it was agreed that his thread should be moved to the Members'Gallery Forum. This was easily done . There was also a consensus that there were many off topic and completely unrelated posts to the topic of his system thread and it was agreed by all that some clean up of the thread was necessary to make this thread Rudolph's personal blog without all of the extraneous posts. There were well over 50 of these posts and together with our techs we set about to remove these posts. All of the posts were correctly highlighted for deletion but when the "delete" button was clicked the entire thread disappeared. We sat there in awe and dismay and spent the past two days searching the bowels of the data base to recover the thread and we have been completely unable to do such. Rudolph and I have talked daily about this and we feel apoplectic as to what happened. Rudolph has one of the best systems IMO in the galaxy and I have encouraged him ( I hope) to start a new system thread blog as to the current status of his system as he has added many new features. I am hoping I can encourage him. to do such. WE will help Rudolph in any way to bring everyone up to date on his system

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Sometimes unfortunate things happen in life. The accidental removal of the Tidal La Assoluta thread is such a thing. But to put things into perspective: it is only a thread about our joint hobby. There are much more important things in life.

Of course it is a real, real pity because I put a lot of time and energy into this thread. However, let’s see if we can somehow regenerate the Tidal LA thread. Not sure yet how to do this but I will find a way somehow.

So Steve, do not worry. You are not personally to blame; it is just unfortunate!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sometimes unfortunate things happen in life. The accidental removal of the Tidal La Assoluta thread is such a thing. But to put things into perspective: it is only a thread about our joint hobby. There are much more important things in life.

Of course it is a real, real pity because I put a lot of time and energy into this thread. However, let’s see if we can somehow regenerate the Tidal LA thread. Not sure yet how to do this but I will find a way somehow.

So Steve, do not worry. You are not personally to blame; it is just unfortunate!
Rudolph, you know how much I like your system as do the readers here. I believe an updated version with photos will be a start in the correct direction.. Yesterday we all felt like shooting ourselves

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Once again, Steve, please do not be too hard on yourself. It was just bad luck.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well, you 'can' find a little bit of this thread in google cache. I just did...posts 961-980 for example on a quick search https://webcache.googleusercontent....oluta.14152/page-49&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

...not much but I am no techie. I imagine google probably has the whole thing somewhere.

That said, perhaps a true fresh start might just be in order anyway. In fact, rather than just La Assoluta, perhaps it could be about Audiocrack's system: Adventures beyond the edge of the audiogalaxy...by your guide, Audiocrack!

Reactions: Audiocrack

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, Steve, agree. I have been fortunate to hear one of Audiocrack's earlier generation systems...the Genesis 1s (so quite some time ago) with from recollection Kondo's finest, Walker V, Zanden 4-box digital, Tripoint and quite a tricked-out setup for his DCS full stack. I still hold that as one of 2 reference 'auditions' of all time (the other being Ernie Lau's Rockport Arrakis system in Hong Kong).

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
I sm starting this thread to provide some update to the Tidal La Assoluta thread and I do so with great angst. Recently there was much controversy about recent posts in Rudolphs personal blog about his system such that moderation was required. There were several members who felt that this thread was not Rudolph's personal blog. The majority of readers however did in fact feel that this was Rudolph's personal system blog. In order to further elucidate this point after discussion with Rudolph, it was agreed that his thread should be moved to the Members'Gallery Forum. This was easily done . There was also a consensus that there were many off topic and completely unrelated posts to the topic of his system thread and it was agreed by all that some clean up of the thread was necessary to make this thread Rudolph's personal blog without all of the extraneous posts. There were well over 50 of these posts and together with our techs we set about to remove these posts. All of the posts were correctly highlighted for deletion but when the "delete" button was clicked the entire thread disappeared. We sat there in awe and dismay and spent the past two days searching the bowels of the data base to recover the thread and we have been completely unable to do such. Rudolph and I have talked daily about this and we feel apoplectic as to what happened. Rudolph has one of the best systems IMO in the galaxy and I have encouraged him ( I hope) to start a new system thread blog as to the current status of his system as he has added many new features. I am hoping I can encourage him. to do such. WE will help Rudolph in any way to bring everyone up to date on his system
Maybe, simply, an equilibrium dynamic…

vbw,
-a

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing