New WA Book-Dynamic Contrast & Harmonic Expression

carl13

Feb 6, 2020

dynamic-contrast-cover__69729.1565022381.jpg

Dynamic Contrast and Harmonic Expression, The Philosophy of Asking the Right Questions. The book details Dave Wilson’s design philosophies and touches upon his idealistic cultural values—the ideas and beliefs that formed the platform upon which he built his loudspeaker company, Wilson Audio. It specifically covers his journeys during his two most important loudspeaker designs—the original WAMM and the WAMM Master Chronosonic. Separated by nearly four decades, these two landmark products were his first and last commercial design efforts. The two masterpieces perfectly bookend Dave’s unprecedented career as a business leader, industrial designer, scientist, and passionate music lover. This new book, strategically envisioned by writer and reviewer Ingo Schulz, is a true masterpiece of storytelling and graphical artistry. The book’s print quality and production values elevate it to objet d’art. It is a joy to view, but also to touch and feel. Bound in leather, the book is destined to last a lifetime. It is limited to 500 copies—200 in English, 100 in French, 100 in German, and 100 in Mandarin Chinese. Once the copies are sold, they will be gone forever—this is the final printed version.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I bought it, and my first impression based on reading it was that it was a really well done advertising brochure … a very nice coffee table book.

Later, when I went through it more seriously, my realization was that it is really an excellent window into DAW’s thought process, including copies of some of his most important sketches and notes.

John Giolas’ The Wilson Way is meatier. If I were to only read one, it would be the Giolas book. But if you’re a Wilson aficionado, this book of David’s thoughts may be even more interesting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing