New VSA Super-Fan

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I just got back from AXPONA...my first audio show, and what a great time I had geeking-out with my fellow audiophiles! am just getting back into audiophilia after taking a break raising kids, etc., and I had forgot what fun it is!

I wandered into the VSA room, and had a listen to the Ultra 7s and I was stunned at how incredibly real they sounded. It was the type of sound that I had been always looking for but never finding...until Friday afternoon and evening.

I was in the market for a mid-fi price level bookshelf speaker that I could put in my small 11' X 11' room, and had read somewhere that the VSA Unifield II Mark IIIs were incredibly transparent, so I thought I would find the VSA room and make some inquiries. I actually first spoke to Leif who told me that the Unifield was a great speaker, but they hadn't made any in some time, and assured me that even though my room was small, he recommended the E-3 Mark II. Leif introduced me to Gordon from the Audio Company, who advised me that they had a pair at the show and that they could set them up for me the following morning. In the meantime, that evening I was treated to a listening session with Greg Weaver, the Audio Analyst, with the amazing Ultra 7, VAC, Kronos system that they had assembled. What a great time that was with Greg providing narration an stories about his music selections. I must say that I had a hard time sleeping that night anticipating the appointment to listen to the E-3s the next morning.

I returned at 10:30 the Saturday morning for my audition. It didn't take long for me to break out the credit card...about 1 1/2 songs actually. Gordon stated that he would be willing to sell me the show demos that he had at the show, and I jumped at the chance. They had them neatly boxed up and I had them in my car at 1:30pm.

The incredible sound of the VSA products are one thing, but I think the thing that really impressed me was the passion that everyone showed for their products. Leif Swanson, Damon Von Schweikert, Gordon and Mark from the Audio Company were great about answering all of my questions, and really made me feel like I was a welcomed addition to the VSA Family. It is not often that you can speak to the Chief Designer and CEO of the company that you are buying product from

I quickly set them up on Sunday and they proved to be amazing in my space as Leif suggested. I guess I need to cancel my Wilson order...

Thanks for a great experience. You have a new fan-boy.

Bill Pringle

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Congratulations. What are you powering.it with

Reactions: WLP3

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Welcome to the VSA family!. E-3 is a tremendous speaker. You will have hours and hours of happy listening ahead of you.

Reactions: Leif S and WLP3

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just got back from AXPONA...my first audio show, and what a great time I had geeking-out with my fellow audiophiles! am just getting back into audiophilia after taking a break raising kids, etc., and I had forgot what fun it is!

I wandered into the VSA room, and had a listen to the Ultra 7s and I was stunned at how incredibly real they sounded. It was the type of sound that I had been always looking for but never finding...until Friday afternoon and evening.

I was in the market for a mid-fi price level bookshelf speaker that I could put in my small 11' X 11' room, and had read somewhere that the VSA Unifield II Mark IIIs were incredibly transparent, so I thought I would find the VSA room and make some inquiries. I actually first spoke to Leif who told me that the Unifield was a great speaker, but they hadn't made any in some time, and assured me that even though my room was small, he recommended the E-3 Mark II. Leif introduced me to Gordon from the Audio Company, who advised me that they had a pair at the show and that they could set them up for me the following morning. In the meantime, that evening I was treated to a listening session with Greg Weaver, the Audio Analyst, with the amazing Ultra 7, VAC, Kronos system that they had assembled. What a great time that was with Greg providing narration an stories about his music selections. I must say that I had a hard time sleeping that night anticipating the appointment to listen to the E-3s the next morning.

I returned at 10:30 the Saturday morning for my audition. It didn't take long for me to break out the credit card...about 1 1/2 songs actually. Gordon stated that he would be willing to sell me the show demos that he had at the show, and I jumped at the chance. They had them neatly boxed up and I had them in my car at 1:30pm.

The incredible sound of the VSA products are one thing, but I think the thing that really impressed me was the passion that everyone showed for their products. Leif Swanson, Damon Von Schweikert, Gordon and Mark from the Audio Company were great about answering all of my questions, and really made me feel like I was a welcomed addition to the VSA Family. It is not often that you can speak to the Chief Designer and CEO of the company that you are buying product from

I quickly set them up on Sunday and they proved to be amazing in my space as Leif suggested. I guess I need to cancel my Wilson order...

Thanks for a great experience. You have a new fan-boy.

Bill Pringle

Hi Bill,

I just re-found your post. What a wonderful report of your journey to VSA! Yes, indeed, Leif and Damon are as talented, as passionate and as nice as they come! (I loved the E5 Mk II when I heard it a few years ago.)

Enjoy your wonderful system!

Reactions: WLP3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing