New Sonner Audio Legato Unum Monitors: Love them missed having 2 way stand mounts.

Republicoftexas69

Just picked up a set of Sonner Audio Legato Unum with the factory stands and I really can not say enough good things about these monitors. Really missed having a 2 way stand mount in my system and the detail is just awesome. They are a great addition and the synergy with my Qualiton X200 is wonderful. I am hearing detail I was not hearing from my 2.5 way floor standers. Great soundstage and imaging. For a tick under $6000.00 these are awesome and (i hate this cliché) punch well above their weight. I picked these up for $3000.00 and that was a steal. Really enjoying them. Skip at Audio Thesis thank you! IMG_0008.JPG

Reactions: Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Very nice, congratulations! I have 2-way stand mounts as well, Reference 3A Reflector, supported by subwoofers (see my signature for system specifics).

The detail can indeed be awesome. I also find that with monitors it is much easier to achieve a lively sound than with multi-way floorstanders, even though with great ones you can achieve excellent results as well, at a cost.

Monitors are hard to beat when it comes to intimacy on closely recorded small scale music, while in a favorable configuration they can throw a quite large soundstage on orchestral music too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing