New Member Kroma Audio

Kroma Atelier

Apr 26, 2022
Spain
kromaatelier.com
Hello to all!
My name is Miguel and I’m part of the team Kroma Audio.

We are a speaker manufacture based in Spain.
I follow this forum since long and hope we can discuss with the interested people some of current projects and also learn from you.

Our website:

We will be in Hifideluxe in Munich from 19th to 21st May and if some members will attend they are most welcome to pass in our room. We will premiere the new flagship Turandot with Gryphon Apex/Commander combo and Wadax Dac . More to follow!

Thank you so much for the attention
All the best
Miguel Carvalho

RaChiK

Sep 14, 2020
I have heard great things about Kroma audio speakers. I have seen few videos of the speakers run by Zanden amps, they sounded sublime. Kroma should have come to Axpona: actually, I was hoping a lot they would have been there. Regardless, waiting to hear about the above combo.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
They sounded great in Munich last time. I look forward to hearing them again this year.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Kroma,

I know nothing of your speakers but had a very quick read of your website and very much like your speaker materials philosophy.

Best.

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
I simply LOVE my Kroma speakers!

I was looking for speakers on and off for quite some time, at one point when I was visiting my local dealer (Perfect Sense / @Hyperion) here in Stockholm, Marcus told me he had a speaker I needed to listen to. It was the brand new Kroma Mimi, the small "entry model" in the Kroma line, and it was an instant love affair! I later borrowed them for a few weeks to listen to them in my home environment and to convince my wife we needed new speakers. She understood that I liked them by the sound, but we were not on the same page when it came to standmounts vs floorstanders which eventually lead to that I bought the larger Thais model instead, in custom white all-around finish.

I'm no photographer and I find speakers especially tricky to takes pictures of, anyway, here they are a bit tucked in and not-optimal distance to wall (but it works VERY well!), with dark shadows and everything....

To me they are simply the most natural, organic, lifelike and lovely sounding speaker I've ever owned.

Unfortunately I won't be going to Münich this year but otherwise your room at Hifideluxe is where I would have been standing first in line when the doors opened!

Reactions: Hyperion

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
Check out this review of the new updated Kroma Mimi and listen to the stunning Liszt performance on Mimi paired with the Pilium Leonidas.

Kroma Atelier

Apr 26, 2022
Spain
kromaatelier.com
Hi Kroma,

I know nothing of your speakers but had a very quick read of your website and very much like your speaker materials philosophy.

Best.
Dear Bill
Thank you so much for your message. We do thing a bit different from other companies l. Use of Krion is one of them. In our tests this material was the one that gave the best results and since then we adopt it. Is bit more expensive than using MDF or HDF but we think it matters.
Hope some day you can listen to our speakers!
All the best
Miguel

Kroma Atelier

Apr 26, 2022
Spain
kromaatelier.com
I simply LOVE my Kroma speakers!

I was looking for speakers on and off for quite some time, at one point when I was visiting my local dealer (Perfect Sense / @Hyperion) here in Stockholm, Marcus told me he had a speaker I needed to listen to. It was the brand new Kroma Mimi, the small "entry model" in the Kroma line, and it was an instant love affair! I later borrowed them for a few weeks to listen to them in my home environment and to convince my wife we needed new speakers. She understood that I liked them by the sound, but we were not on the same page when it came to standmounts vs floorstanders which eventually lead to that I bought the larger Thais model instead, in custom white all-around finish.

I'm no photographer and I find speakers especially tricky to takes pictures of, anyway, here they are a bit tucked in and not-optimal distance to wall (but it works VERY well!), with dark shadows and everything....

To me they are simply the most natural, organic, lifelike and lovely sounding speaker I've ever owned.

Unfortunately I won't be going to Münich this year but otherwise your room at Hifideluxe is where I would have been standing first in line when the doors opened!
We are so happy to hear about your feedback! Mimi is truly remarkable and Thais being a floorstander just moves the thing a degree up! Your description really capture the core sound of Kroma and philosophy.

Stay tuned to Hifideluxe reports that some very interesting stuff is coming!
All The best

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
We are so happy to hear about your feedback! Mimi is truly remarkable and Thais being a floorstander just moves the thing a degree up! Your description really capture the core sound of Kroma and philosophy.

I remember feeling when I first auditioned the Mimi that perhaps they weren't as detailed and high resolution as some of the other speakers I compared with, but it was at the same time also very obvious that this was not what I wanted, the Mimi's were so much more musically and emotionally engaging and it just felt right. I think it's sometimes very easy for us all to fall in the "hifi trap" by chasing the endless details when we're listening and comparing equipment, when it's really about sitting back and relaxing, or sometimes the opposite, not being able to sit still at all but having to get up and dance and sing along!

After having spent more time with my speakers I don't feel anything is missing though, the details which I thought maybe was a bit buried in the music in my first impression is still there, just in a more natural presentation with a higher level of realism than I maybe was used to. I must also say that my speakers has really grown with my other equipment upgrades, in a bigger room with more space I would have loved to hear what the larger models would be capable of (although budget will likely hold me back).

I know the pandemic came in very bad timing for you (and many others of course), but to me it's surprising that more people haven't discovered Kroma Audio yet. I hope this years show in Munich will change that!

• Love

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Hello to all!
My name is Miguel and I’m part of the team Kroma Audio.

We are a speaker manufacture based in Spain.
I follow this forum since long and hope we can discuss with the interested people some of current projects and also learn from you.

Our website:

We will be in Hifideluxe in Munich from 19th to 21st May and if some members will attend they are most welcome to pass in our room. We will premiere the new flagship Turandot with Gryphon Apex/Commander combo and Wadax Dac . More to follow!

Thank you so much for the attention
All the best
Miguel Carvalho

Great to see you on this forum Miguel.....to anyone thinking of going to Munich, you would be advised to have a listen to this room, Miguel has a very well trained ear and certainly knows his stuff....he is very experienced in high-end audio and extremely knowledgeable, i am sure people will be talking about this system....

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.com
Hi Miguel, we met briefly att Hifi Deluxe. I absolutely loved what you had there! As far as I am concerned, anyone willing to show their speakers with the latest Gryphon Apex Electronics ABSOLUTELY knows what good sound is about! Correct me if I'm wrong but your room may have been the first live demo of the Apex electronics. Well done!

.Kerry

Reactions: rgmd11

Kroma Atelier

Apr 26, 2022
Spain
kromaatelier.com
Hi Miguel, we met briefly att Hifi Deluxe. I absolutely loved what you had there! As far as I am concerned, anyone willing to show their speakers with the latest Gryphon Apex Electronics ABSOLUTELY knows what good sound is about! Correct me if I'm wrong but your room may have been the first live demo of the Apex electronics. Well done!

.Kerry
Dear Kerry

Sorry the delay! Great that you enjoyed your demo in Munich.
We were the only room at Munich show to carry the Apex and most probably the first to show them to general public. Hope we can meet again soon!
All the best
Miguel

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Welcome to WBF Miguel. Funny, I was on your site this morning admiring your firm's work. The new dipole looks very interesting. Also, really the top-end monitors with Puri-Fi and Mundorf AMT drivers. Best of luck here in the US and, of course, elsewhere!

Steveo

Oct 2, 2021
Welcome Miguel. Do you have a US dealer? I would much like to hear them live.
Thanks, Steve

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Blink High End in MA carries the Kroma line. Awesome dealer.

Kroma Atelier

Apr 26, 2022
Spain
kromaatelier.com
Hi to All,
Kroma Atelier Will be showcased in the UK Hi-Fi Show from 10-11 September at Ascot.
I will attend to support our wonderful UK Distributor Boyer Audio.
So if you plan to go please just Introduce yourself at the show.
Various Speaker models will be there from Kroma Atelier including the new Mimi Extreme, Thais Extreme and Stella Extreme.
all the best
Miguel Carvalho

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing