New flagship Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX conditioner

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I have to admit this is the first power conditioner from SR which has made me sit up and take notice. Audiophiles are now spoiled for choice with offerings such as the Gigawatt PC-4 Evo+, Telos Quantum Resonation conditioner & this new entry..

"The Galileo PowerCell SX is both evolution and revolution with four times the Active Filtration of the PowerCell 12 SE thanks to eleven more densely packed Active Electromagnetic Cells to the PowerCell 12 SE’s six EM Cells. The power supply for biasing the internal EM Cells has been completely re-engineered to have a lower noise floor, and a new field generator for biasing both Ground and AC allows your system to convey higher resolution in a more open soundfield with enhanced musicality. All wiring is point to point pure six-nines silver, 59 feet in fact to wire each of its twelve AC outlets. Other improvements include a new ground filtration topology for a lower system noise floor and a unique ability to ground the Galileo SX PowerCell to our Active Ground Block for higher performance still without sacrificing any of its twelve AC outlets. There’s even an Amp Meter that allows you to view the beautiful hand-built circuit as you monitor your systems energy consumption. MSRP $16,995 w/ Galileo SX powercord, $19,995 w/SRX powercord."

GalileoPC12FrontAbove.jpg
GalileoPC12InsideTedfar.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DeYoung and Matias

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
All I can say is that I tried their PowerCell 12 and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Perhaps the latest and greatest is better. I'm just not interested in trying it.

Reactions: BruceD

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Someone tried their fuses?

Can improve a little?
I tried Blue and Black fuses. They gave different flavors big brother. ;)

Tang

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
What is an electromagnetic cell? A giant magnet ? Like High Fidelity Cables?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
All I can say is that I tried their PowerCell 12 and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Perhaps the latest and greatest is better. I'm just not interested in trying it.

I'm not fan either of this company having attended show demos of their wares--tried to comprehend changes supposedly to take affect when
used--room treatments/etc
Frankly I heard no differences in or out--- but hey if one wants to take a $20K punt on this thing be my guest:(!

Good Luck

BruceD

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
I tried Blue and Black fuses. They gave different flavors big brother. ;)

Tang
Can you describe the differences you heard.........
Thanks.....

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Lol, looks like I posted about an over-priced lemon. Oh well, that’s useful info I guess :D

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
If it isn’t Shunyata then I’m not interested. :)

To each their own.

Reactions: ZionPOWER

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Can you describe the differences you heard.........
Thanks.....
I tried them in my Ayon amps. My dealers gave them to me for free. I could not remember and describe the differences between the two now. I used Blue for two weeks and eventually switched back to Black. Right now I am using Lamm and do not feel an itch to put any exotic fuse in. Blue58 has extensive experience in fuses. He is the best person to get feedbacks from.

Kind regards,
Tang

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have to admit this is the first power conditioner from SR which has made me sit up and take notice. Audiophiles are now spoiled for choice with offerings such as the Gigawatt PC-4 Evo+, Telos Quantum Resonation conditioner & this new entry..

"The Galileo PowerCell SX is both evolution and revolution with four times the Active Filtration of the PowerCell 12 SE thanks to eleven more densely packed Active Electromagnetic Cells to the PowerCell 12 SE’s six EM Cells. The power supply for biasing the internal EM Cells has been completely re-engineered to have a lower noise floor, and a new field generator for biasing both Ground and AC allows your system to convey higher resolution in a more open soundfield with enhanced musicality. All wiring is point to point pure six-nines silver, 59 feet in fact to wire each of its twelve AC outlets. Other improvements include a new ground filtration topology for a lower system noise floor and a unique ability to ground the Galileo SX PowerCell to our Active Ground Block for higher performance still without sacrificing any of its twelve AC outlets. There’s even an Amp Meter that allows you to view the beautiful hand-built circuit as you monitor your systems energy consumption. MSRP $16,995 w/ Galileo SX powercord, $19,995 w/SRX powercord."

Excuse my ignorance but do you mind explaining some of these things?
- WTF is Active Filtration of the PowerCell 12 SE?

- What's an Active Electromagnetic Cell? What does it do and what does it fix?

- Why do need to bias EM Cells, whatever they are?

- New field generator for biasing both Ground and AC, how & why? What field are we talking about here?

Gotta admit Quantum Resonation Conditioner sounds really je ne sais quai, I always wanted to condition my Quantum Resonation :eek:!

david

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
David,
Why ask questions for which you already know the answer? This is largely marketing hype to a potential group of gullible buyers that seek to improve upon their current audio systems and may not think twice about spending serious money for this stuff as opposed to buying something useful. As I understand it one their claims is to eliminate or minimize the Schumann resonances of 7.83Hz coming from the earth's crust. Lord knows how one could ever live with this resonance now that there a device that purports to eliminate it! Regardless of the marketing hype or the scientific or pseudo-scientific rationale behind the merits of the device, there's no substitute for listening. I'm pretty certain that if you listened to any of Synergistic's devices, even if you were facing East and said the proper prayer at exactly the right time of day, you would be as unimpressed as I was.
Marty

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David,
Why ask questions for which you already know the answer? This is largely marketing hype to a potential group of gullible buyers that seek to improve upon their current audio systems and may not think twice of spending serious money for this stuff as opposed to buying something useful. As I understand it one their claims is to eliminate or minimize the Schumann resonances of 7.83Hz coming from the earth's crust. Lord knows how one could ever live with this resonance now that there a device that purports to eliminate it! Regardless of the marketing hype or the scientific or psuedo-scientific rationale behind the merits of the device, there's no substitute for listening. I'm pretty certain that if you listened to any of Synergistic's devices, even if you were facing East and said the proper prayer at exactly the right time of day, you would as unimpressed as I was.
Marty

Just pointing out the obvious to "potential group of gullible buyers" you mentioned :)!

Part of our attempts here in sharing is educating, if I come out in a direct manner I'm countered with things like "the world according to David", when I can asking questions deflects that type of confrontation and I still get the point across.

david

Reactions: tima

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Post deleted. Poor taste in choice of words with demeaning comment

Reactions: ddk

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Why pick on SR and single them out? It’s no better or worse than spendings 20k (or more) on a power cable made by some retired NASA scientist (as an illustration only) with dubious and unverifiable credentials! Why aren’t we universal and unbiased in our urge to educate? I do wonder....

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
By the way, I am no SR fan. None of their products I experienced ( and I did t try them all) made any difference to my musical pleasure except the fuse....

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Just pointing out the obvious to "potential group of gullible buyers" you mentioned :)!

Part of our attempts here in sharing is educating, if I come out in a direct manner I'm countered with things like "the world according to David", when I can asking questions deflects that type of confrontation and I still get the point across.

david
That response just validates why i've ignored you on this forum........

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I am not a fan of any particular brand. But I like how powercell 12 UEF SE performs in my system.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeYoung and Bodhi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing