New Divin Noblesse Arrives at Bending Wave Showroom

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Just arrived the Divin Noblesse Speakers from Oliver Gobel. These are the smaller brothers of the Divin Majestic showed in Munich this spring. They use smaller main woofers at 15 inch rather than the 18 inch woofers in the Majestic. They cost less at 220k per pair and are 95 db efficient for all you tube guys!

Attachments

• 2018-11-01 13.14.35.jpg
    2018-11-01 13.14.35.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • 2018-11-01 13.14.18.jpg
    2018-11-01 13.14.18.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 2018-11-01 13.13.48.jpg
    2018-11-01 13.13.48.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 2018-11-01 13.14.03-2.jpg
    2018-11-01 13.14.03-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Wow that piano finish is nice :oops::)
its the REAL DEAL like they actually use on Piano's not that fake stuff LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Both the same price 220k a pair

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Good Question!
The Noblesse is very efficient at 95 db. It obviously looks different than the bending wave speakers and it plays louder. I don't have my head totally wrapped around the difference in sound yet since I just got it yesterday however it is very good and my initial reaction is this is a product that is going to shock the owners of Wilson, Magico, Focal etc. They can be used with almost any quality amp since they are super efficient and are a very easy load to drive. There is a lot of technology in the midrange drivers that comes from the Bending Wave so they are very open, really fast and throw a huge stage. They are beautifully finished in the same Grand Piano Lacquer that we use on all our speakers and are fully assembled and come packed in flight cases. They handle loads of power and can play very loud as well. They are once unpacked relatively easy to move around since they also come with customs sliders and once in place they rest on Oliver's cool ceramic ball bearing footers that are easy to adjust to get the height and to level. I spent some time last evening late after everyone was gone playing with them and I am thrilled with the sound even with just a few hours of playing time and very little adjustment.

Reactions: CKKeung

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks for the explanation. Best of luck in the new line Elliot. They look beautiful and I bet they sound wonderful
I'm sure they would work well in your sound room and do exceptional well with those tube amps you own!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Good Question!
The Noblesse is very efficient at 95 db. It obviously looks different than the bending wave speakers and it plays louder. I don't have my head totally wrapped around the difference in sound yet since I just got it yesterday however it is very good and my initial reaction is this is a product that is going to shock the owners of Wilson, Magico, Focal etc. They can be used with almost any quality amp since they are super efficient and are a very easy load to drive. There is a lot of technology in the midrange drivers that comes from the Bending Wave so they are very open, really fast and throw a huge stage. They are beautifully finished in the same Grand Piano Lacquer that we use on all our speakers and are fully assembled and come packed in flight cases. They handle loads of power and can play very loud as well. They are once unpacked relatively easy to move around since they also come with customs sliders and once in place they rest on Oliver's cool ceramic ball bearing footers that are easy to adjust to get the height and to level. I spent some time last evening late after everyone was gone playing with them and I am thrilled with the sound even with just a few hours of playing time and very little adjustment.

I listened to them at the Audioexotics Show in Homg Kong earlier this year.
Very very impressive!

My speculation : although very sensitive, it has to be bi-wired or even bi-amped to give the best performance, similar to its bigger brother.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I listened to them at the Audioexotics Show in Homg Kong earlier this year.
Very very impressive!

My speculation : although very sensitive, it has to be bi-wired or even bi-amped to give the best performance, similar to its bigger brother.
I have only had them a few days and I am still playing with them in my room to find the perfect spot and fine tune some other parameters however they are truly involving and incredibly fast speakers. They use very little power compared to the Bending Wave Speakers I have. I don't know whether BI-wiring or Bi-amping would make them better however I do not doubt that doing that to almost any speaker, if possible, would not improve them as well. These speculations can only be determined by trial and in my experience MORE is not always better. I would like to believe that adding a second identical amplifier and another pair of identical speaker cables would make an improvement worth the investment to do so. Perhaps in time I will get the opportunity at a show etc. to do such but for now I am really enjoying the Noblesse with my CH M1, C1 Mono, L1 Mono X1 power supplies and the Gobel Lacorde Statement cables. I think it will take me some more to truly get a handle on how far these speakers will take me. I am going to "buckle up" and really enjoy the ride. I will say this. Going from the C1 to the C1 Mono is a far bigger difference than going from one M1 to M1 Mono
Elliot out

Reactions: CKKeung and GMKF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing