NBS 3S Power Cable

MM622

Jun 2, 2013
May I know which equipment is the best to use NBS 3S (blue) power cable? CD player? DAC? Preamplifiers? Power amp?

Currently I'm using Esoteric K1 CD/ SACD player, ARC Ref 6 per-amp, Passlabs X350.8 poweramp and Wilson Audio Sophia 3 speaker. Want to try NBS 3S power cable but not sure which part of equipment can get the best result. Thanks.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
May I know which equipment is the best to use NBS 3S (blue) power cable? CD player? DAC? Preamplifiers? Power amp?

Currently I'm using Esoteric K1 CD/ SACD player, ARC Ref 6 per-amp, Passlabs X350.8 poweramp and Wilson Audio Sophia 3 speaker. Want to try NBS 3S power cable but not sure which part of equipment can get the best result. Thanks.
NBS has a very distinct character it doesn’t matter where you stick it you’ll hear it.
david

Reactions: svirid petrovich

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
NBS has a very distinct character it doesn’t matter where you stick it you’ll hear it.
david

interesting, I can't imagine wanting to 'hear' ANY cable. A 'distinct character' in any kind of cable in my mind makes zero sense, I want total neutrality ........

Reactions: PeterA and ddk

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
interesting, I can't imagine wanting to 'hear' ANY cable. A 'distinct character' in any kind of cable in my mind makes zero sense, I want total neutrality ........

Did you ever get it? :)

Reactions: svirid petrovich

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
...money, success with women, ability to do handbrake turns?...

• Haha
Reactions: ICUToo and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
...money, success with women, ability to do handbrake turns?...

What does it say of audiophiles when they direct funds to buying cables to impress other audiophiles rather than direct those funds to impress women? Or do we take our women for granted, but not our audio buddies?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ked, surely you know only the nicest girls pick guys owning cables w network boxes attached.

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
The BL3 and 3S are very much more natural sounding which is more versatile in any position.

Unlike the the BL2 and earlier cable have a much harder and aggressive sound which would pass down through the system when used in the front end stages.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
The BL3 and 3S are very much more natural sounding which is more versatile in any position.

Unlike the the BL2 and earlier cable have a much harder and aggressive sound which would pass down through the system when used in the front end stages.

I do use BL3, BL2 and BL1 depending of the gear to be connected and powered up. As they differ slightly, a trial need to be done.
In my case I have no Problem to mix the NBS BL cables with other cables in the chain, according to the individual needs and taste.

Last edited:

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
I have had from BLI, II III, III+, 3s, the powercords, interconnects and currently spk cables and also BLII+ for a short while.

There is a reason the BLII and below can be had for a much lower and sane prices.

They are very good value and had a full loom for BLII.

What the later models bring are totally devoid of hardness, edge or any hint for brightness. One word, very balanced and natural.

As one system progresses, the BLII and below will start to show their flaws.

Take the guide as to system pricing and the range recommended, you may well be very satisfied with the BLlls.

I still have almost half the cabling as NBS BL3 and above as they are just have that right balance of musicality, fullness and control.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France

I've replaced the Nordost Brahma Power Cable with the NBS 3s (Blue) for my D'Agostino power amps and I feel that they bring more air and control overall.

alleung555

Dec 31, 2022
Ontario, Canada

I find the BLIIIS is much quieter than the older cable, smoother. NBS has a lot of fullness in the mid and low, very powerful impact. Try it in the ARC pre-amp then the Pass.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Audiophile colleagues, please give us the contacts of the official NBS dealer in the USA. Information on the site does not work.
to castlecable@kastlecable.com, messages are not getting through, maybe someone knows something about this?
You may ask Sven from the official European NBS Distributor for help / getting a valid E-mail address.

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
You may ask Sven from the official European NBS Distributor for help / getting a valid E-mail address.

Thank you dear Shakti for your attempt to help. I talked with him, he offers his services in the USA, and I need to buy an electric network cable complete with a NEMA 15A connector to an address in Delaware. And besides, he has prices in euros for a product from the USA without taking into account the exchange rate difference, which makes the product more expensive. Is it really impossible for residents of the USA or Canada to purchase NBS III S in their own country?!
Really hope someone share the contact!
Well, or offer a cable! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing