My system

Apk99

Nov 9, 2021
My system is pretty simple in contrast to some of the amazing setups on this site. It consists of dCS Bartok, Audia Flight Strumento no 4, and Jay's Audio CD transport. Speakers are Wilson Sabrina (series 1). Cables are from Shunyata.

20210626_084402.jpg

The room is slightly treated for piano but mostly through placement of furniture, rugs, and objects since it is primarily a living room and a family room. Due to space constraints the stereo system fits into the curve of the piano as you can see. Not a typical installation but it works fine and creates a cozy little music corner. Because this is a family space we also enjoy listening to books on tape with two boys, ages 7 and 11. But mostly we listen to classical piano, some jazz, and new music.

Here's a nice sunny shot. Since this photo was taken I replaced the feet with isopucks which made a tremendous improvement to the clarity of the sound.

20210517_182626.jpg

Sound wise I prefer a smooth, effortless, slightly warm music presentation. The Audia Flight/Wilson combo is good for this and not the least bit fatiguing. The dCS Bartok as a preamp at 2v line output works quite fine with the Strumento's very low input impedence of 7500 Ohms.

Here's another view from a sunny spot behind the speakers.

20210328_123509.jpg

That's about it for the system tour. Thanks for looking.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
My system is pretty simple in contrast to some of the amazing setups on this site. It consists of dCS Bartok, Audia Flight Strumento no 4, and Jay's Audio CD transport. Speakers are Wilson Sabrina (series 1). Cables are from Shunyata.

View attachment 85627

The room is slightly treated for piano but mostly through placement of furniture, rugs, and objects since it is primarily a living room and a family room. Due to space constraints the stereo system fits into the curve of the piano as you can see. Not a typical installation but it works fine and creates a cozy little music corner. Because this is a family space we also enjoy listening to books on tape with two boys, ages 7 and 11. But mostly we listen to classical piano, some jazz, and new music.

Here's a nice sunny shot. Since this photo was taken I replaced the feet with isopucks which made a tremendous improvement to the clarity of the sound.

View attachment 85628

Sound wise I prefer a smooth, effortless, slightly warm music presentation. The Audia Flight/Wilson combo is good for this and not the least bit fatiguing. The dCS Bartok as a preamp at 2v line output works quite fine with the Strumento's very low input impedence of 7500 Ohms.

Here's another view from a sunny spot behind the speakers.

View attachment 85629

That's about it for the system tour. Thanks for looking.
That’s a stunning system and room.

Reactions: Apk99 and The Knife

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
That's a beautiful set up. So tidy and organized. I am very curious of the room treatment that was done as I don't notice the room treatment at all.

Reactions: Apk99

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Very nice, very stylish. To combine a top class hifi system with a representative area that also allows drinks with diplomats is an effort in its own. Love the grand piano/wing! Very musical feeling!

Apk99

Nov 9, 2021
Very nice, very stylish. To combine a top class hifi system with a representative area that also allows drinks with diplomats is an effort in its own. Love the grand piano/wing! Very musical feeling!
I love the "drinks with diplomats", however in my case the little diplomats are ages 11 and 7 and the drinks are not strong enough :) Thanks for your comment!

Last edited:

Thomas 911

Dec 2, 2021
Germany
thx!! , i do mostly in winter time due to high heat development of tubes... the eyes listen also ..without esthetic satsifaction can t enjoy the sound..

Apk99

Nov 9, 2021
That's a beautiful set up. So tidy and organized. I am very curious of the room treatment that was done as I don't notice the room treatment at all.
Thank you! Behind the piano and cabinet are bass frequency traps, the rear wall not pictured has some art serving as diffusers, and rugs on the floor to absorb reflections.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Thomas 911

Dec 2, 2021
Germany
Hi Thomas, nice system and music room! Can you share an equipment list? Since you started your own system thread in the members gallery would it make sense to delete this post from mine and update the other? I am assuming you did not mean to post your system in my thread but who knows? :)
dear apk 99 , of course not!!!! my mistake ...how can you delete .....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing