My latest TT project..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Just got this finished yesterday. My tech came out and installed the arm/cart and adjusted the suspension. It's a TD160 Super from Vinyl Nirvana with a custom plinth made by my Amish cabinet maker...the RB301 arm off my P2-24 and a Goldring 1042 cartridge. I am running it with a Forte FP1 phone stage and it sounds pretty darn good.

TD160 1 resized.jpg TD160 2 resized.jpg TD160 3 resized.jpg TD160 4 resized.jpg

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Not at all Gary..

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Monument, CO
Nice! I almost bought a 160 after living with it for a while (ended up with a great deal on an almost-new Linn clone, think AR but forget the model after all this time). Mine did not look as nice as yours!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Not at all Gary..
Thanks. I'll post a link here after it has been set-up.

I think that the TD160 was one of the best of the vintage Thorens - and still relatively affordable compared to the (now) ridiculously priced TD124's in the market.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing