Musical Fidelity NuVista Pre finally announced

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
Having got a NuVista Vinyl phono stage, I have dreamed of a NuVista pre-amp. Last year someone spotted a new pre-amp at a show and put a video of it up on YouTube. Last week I sent MF an e-mail and behold, two days later it is announced.

It comes with a separate PSU and together they weigh >110lb.

No price has been announced, but it is clear to me that this is going to be way out of my league! It made me consider a cheaper option - getting a used NuVista 800 integrated and using it as a pre-amp (it has a variable line out for recording etc). But I think I've come to my senses and the madness has passed. I'm actually happy with the sound of the system I have now, and this was just lust for something new.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Are they real meters or digital approximations?

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
I think they are digital, but they better be pretty good approximations - I see the UK price is just over £20k.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing