Music Sales

APP

Oct 1, 2014

Of special interest to the audiophile community might be tracks 2, 3, 6 & 9.
These tracks have been recorded using just one microphone, the Josephson C700S.
The advantages of the One Microphone approach to recording are obvious: perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism and phase coherence.
The phase coherence makes them ideal for optimising speaker placement and finding the optimal listening position, the sweet spot.

20% off on entire collection; Sound Liaison Music Shop

20% OFF the "NativeDSD Album of the Week" DSL92190 Debussy Starry Night Preludes Book I Other Works | Albums | NativeDSD Music

KEITH JARRETT'S 75TH BIRTHDAY SALE! HDtracks

Please link more sales.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
The advantages of the One Microphone approach to recording are obvious: perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism and phase coherence.
The phase coherence makes them ideal for optimising speaker placement and finding the optimal listening position, the sweet spot.
An acoustic engineer from B&O has a series of educational videos, in one he states that dual mic is best because one is for the instrument, the other is to capture room acoustics. Without the second mic sound sounds flat and unnatural.

I will post it if I can find it.

I'm sure single microphone recordings have their uses as you pointed out.

EDIT:

Videos are posted here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...oustics-video-by-geoff-martin-from-b-o.12802/

Geoff Martin is his name.

10:15 to 12:15 is worth your 2 minutes of watching.

Last edited:

APP

Oct 1, 2014
An acoustic engineer from B&O has a series of educational videos, in one he states that dual mic is best because one is for the instrument, the other is to capture room acoustics. Without the second mic sound sounds flat and unnatural.

I will post it if I can find it.

I'm sure single microphone recordings have their uses as you pointed out.

EDIT:

Videos are posted here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...oustics-video-by-geoff-martin-from-b-o.12802/

Geoff Martin is his name.

10:15 to 12:15 is worth your 2 minutes of watching.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The one mic recordings from Sound Liaison are stellar.
But a most interesting presentation. Thanks for posting Kach22.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing