Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: Stein Music Topline XL

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Here is the Stein Music Topline XL Loudspeaker and Topline XL Subwoofer. I had never heard of the manufacturer or of the speaker before today.

The system is a pretty complicated-looking mix of horn + dynamic driver woofer tower, similar, it appears, to the larger Acapella designs. The woofer columns have a vertical array of forward-firing drivers, as well as a symmetrical pair of vertical arrays of angled-firing drivers.

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

Each subwoofer tower contains eight 18" drivers.

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Here is the Stein Music Topline XL Loudspeaker and Topline XL Subwoofer. I had never heard of the manufacturer or of the speaker before today.

The system is a pretty complicated-looking mix of horn + dynamic driver woofer tower, similar, it appears, to the larger Acapella designs. The woofer columns have a vertical array of forward-firing drivers, as well as a symmetrical pair of vertical arrays of angled-firing drivers.

View attachment 40906

View attachment 40907

Each subwoofer tower contains eight 18" drivers.

View attachment 40908

View attachment 40909
Did you like these? I thought there was a fair amount of potential that was unrealized.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Are they running cardioid?
The main towers are open baffle, this means that all those drivers are doing some kind of dipolar response but the exact pattern could be complicated...not a simple figure 8 like a typical planar dipole. Also the Horns are very much forward firing only. Then you have separate sub towers that are possibly in a push/pull isobaric or bipolar design (unclear from the boxes).

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 26, 2015
Eastern WA
I don't think OB could run cardioid like that. You need a DSP to do it anyways. It's how the Kii3 is able to reduce room reflections without room treatment. While probably not used here, it would be a neat way to do bass drivers with horns.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I don't think OB could run cardioid like that. You need a DSP to do it anyways. It's how the Kii3 is able to reduce room reflections without room treatment. While probably not used here, it would be a neat way to do bass drivers with horns.
It was open...I checked...curious like you.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing